1950 Super - a real barn find!

Guest 1950SuperPDX

Guest 1950SuperPDX

Well, this is a pretty amazing story. Here goes:

This car was originally purchased in Portland Oregon by Jack Deswart, him and his wife owned the car until 1995 (his wife called it Mrs. Daisy) When he sold it an an estate sale it had 19,000 miles on it! (Jack was also the Tillamook County Sheriff)

In 1995 Scott Benwell purchased the car and kept it until Oct 2009. Jack didn't drive it much so it spent a lot of its time in his dairy barn with a tarp over it. In 2005 the top end was rebuilt as well as the carb.

So Jack brought the car from Tillamook to Portland for me to check it out. As of now it has 28,000 original miles!, original paint, interior, shop manual, everything this is untouched and in mint condition. Its really amazing.

Check out the pics. Tell me what you guys think!

post-64810-143138136755_thumb.jpg

post-64810-143138136759_thumb.jpg

post-64810-143138136762_thumb.jpg

post-64810-143138136765_thumb.jpg

post-64810-143138136769_thumb.jpg

A great looking car and I dont think I have ever seen that interior combination before.

One thing about these kind of pictures is that you can learn how things are supposed to look like, like the firewall being the same color as the car and how the hood insulation is applied. Its great in that regard.

AWESOME is right, ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these low mileage, unmolested 1-2 owner cars in this condition. In fact I get real stupid when I find a 54 in such condition and can't rest until it's in my barn. Hopefully you are a member of the BCA and plan to show it in the Archive class some day and I can see this in person. Thanks for sharing all the nice pictures. I'm sure you will have lots of request for detailed ones from folks restoring theirs.

• 2 weeks later...