Oldest Post On The Peerless Forum.....Peerless in NORWAY

jeff_a

This post is so old it pre-dates the AACA Forums. The following is from a Peerless owner in Norway from March 7th, 1998:

"To anyone out there who know something about Peerless cars ( the American cars from before 1930 ). I want to come in contact with you."

----Egil Johansen egil@porsnes.vgs.no found on: www.alt.autos.antique [Note:neither of these links work anymore]

There was also a post on this site about parts he wanted to trade, from March 2nd, 1998:

"I want to get in contact with owners of
Peerless cars
. Im also interested in trading parts for this car."

Egil Johansen

Norway

I have never been able to find out what part of Norway Egil and his car are in, or what year the car is. I think both EGIL and JOHANSEN are common names in his country. I think "porsnes" may be a school. It's interesting to think that somewhere in the fjords or on the Hardangervidda of Norway someone might have a 1909 (or a 1929 ) Peerless!

-Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Finally, after six years, I have verified that the Peerless Boat Tail on post #2 of this thread exists! It's in the Melbourne area and I now have two color photos, thanks to the cooperation of Ron in Australia. It is (at least in 1978) a restored Roadster Coupe done up in red and black. I've heard a story about a third Peerless in Australia...but not much is known yet.

Dear Mal,...My guess is it's a blue Sedan with red wire wheels.----Jeff

post-52046-143139114137_thumb.jpg

Jeff,

I'd say "good guess" but it obviously wasn't a guess, more like good intelligence. Well done!

EDIT - Sorry, I captioned the pic incorrectly as a Pierce Arrow. Might be two reasons for that 1) The effects of the anaesthetic is still working, or 2) The owner telling me he wants to have the Three P's, Packard, Peerless and Pierce Arrow.

Edited by Ozstatman (see edit history)

Mal,

Thanks. There are only 3 or 4 late-production 6-81 Peerless cars the owners describe as 1930s, and one has been listed for sale a few times plus written about on the Peerless Forum thread "What is this car worth, any ideas" {18 posts and several pictures} from a couple of years ago. I kind of guessed it was this Peerless. It's a very photogenic car and has even been in a film or two.

If your colleague from the Packard Automobile Club of Australia has a Pierce and a Packard....then he has one of only about twelve collections worldwide to have one each of the "Three Ps". That puts him in company with the likes of the Nethercutt Museum and the Dutch National Motor Museum.

----Jeff

Jeff,

Didn't mean to steal a milestone post, but so be it! The owner of the Peerless doesn't have a Pierce Arrow, yet, he's currently on the lookout for one. Although Andrew is really a Ford collector he'd always wanted a Packard and being a real car guy the three P's then became a natural progression for him. I'll also alert Andrew to the thread his "new" Peerless is in.