Red/Tan 16V for sale in Newport Beach CA

Guest Maseratiman

Guest Maseratiman

Hello all. This is my first post here. My 1990 Red 16Valve overheated on the way home last night. I have no time to determine what happened. It may just be a bad thermostat, but who knows. The car has 77,000 miles showing, (odo inop) and it still starts and runs ok. New clutch, $1,500 Turbo repair. Let me know if anyone is interested in it. Ask questions and I will answer them.

I have had three TC's (all at once) and now it is time for someone else to have the fun (and the pain) of this one.

I will take some pictures of it as soon as possible and put them on here.

Thanks,

Bill.

Guest My TC Toy

Thanks, Maseratiman, why don't you rub that in a little more! A good time may be when I can't find my house for the banks of that lovely cold fluffy white stuff (^&$$&*#) !

Just kidding.

Glen, only if I was on an ice pan!!!

Regards,

Bob

Guest patmelendy

HI Bill

I am interested in your car , do you have any pictures of it yet? I live in COVINA CALIF

I can drive down and look at the car if its ok with you .

PAT

Hey Bill,

I live closer than Pat does (Mission Viejo) and could probably get to your place before he does. Unfortuntly, I already found my Red/Ginger 16V TC this year and I had to go all the way to Florida to get it! Did I give you a business card at a stoplight one day? Whoever it was I startled them when i ran up to the window with my card:o There can only be so many red 16v cars running around the OC, yours would make three as there is one in Laguna Beach as well:cool:

Alan

Guest patmelendy

HI Butch

Alan and I are just haveing fun with each other we dont have so many T C ,

Larry Carlson

has way more than me and Doctor Jones AKA Alan

pat

Guest Maseratiman

I am at my house in Rancho Mirage this weekend but will be back in Newport Beach Monday. The TC is there and I will be available to show it any time in the evenings. I will reply to you each via email so my phone number is not out there for all the world to see. Thanks for your interest.

Bill.

Just to set the record strait, I love these TC's and want to visit with yours if you don't mind sharing some of your 'Pain' of TC ownership with me, but I can't bring home another car right now:o. So you can pull me off the list of potential buyers. The Wifey has not yet gotten over the last one I brought home, that one is gonna cost me WAAAAY more than the purchase price;) Do you still have the other two cars, if so what is thier color/engine combination (s)?

Alan

Guest Maseratiman

Hello Maserati Fans.

Here are some pictures of the Red TC 16V that is going to get a new thermostat tonight in the hopes that the cooling problem will go away. If it doesn't, it is probably the water pump. Not a big thing, but something I would rather let the next owner deal with. The pictures were taken with my cell phone, and I apologize for the quality.

Bill.

post-64855-143138134899_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134904_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134908_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134912_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134917_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134922_thumb.jpg

post-64855-143138134927_thumb.jpg

Guest Maseratiman

For anyone that is interested, the new thermostat fixed the heating problem. The bridge had broken right off of the original Italian thermostat after only 20 years. I wonder if it is still under warranty? LOL. Contact me if you know of anyone interested in this Umbrella and Tool Kit equipped TC. Thanks!

Guest ImperialNorth

My car doesn't have the umbrella or the tool kit, what should I expect to pay for these items? If they are pricey, I'll save the money for the CV shaft

• 2 months later...
Guest Maseratiman

Hello All.

Here is an update for everyone on the Red 16V TC I have for sale. It hasn't even moved for two months. Not because it can't, but because I can't move it. While attending a trade show in Las Vegas in December, my partner and I were hit by car that jumped the curb and hit us from behind on the sidewalk. He was killed and I have a severly broken left leg. If the TC were an automatic, no problem. Pushing the clutch however is impossible. The car is still for sale, so if you know of anyone that is interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Guest ImperialNorth

Maseratiman, so sorry to hear of your accident and your loss. I suspect the TC is the least of your concerns. Hope you get better soon

I am sorry for your loss.:( I can't imagine the sadness you must be going thru. As the 'local' guy I feel like I should help somehow. My good freind Pat did come and look at your car a few months ago but he decided it was not the right car for him and I already have a red/ginger car. Space in OC is SOOO limited as you know:o If I had more space, I would have more TC's;). Just nowhere to keep cars without paying storage every month and then whats the point in that? Tho I do have friends that keep their cars in storage at some of those boutique storage places in Costa Mesa (Creiver Classics) or San Juan Capistrano (Family Classics).

Still, if there is a way I can help you, I am willing to do so. Be well..

Alan

• 1 month later...
Guest Maseratiman

At last! I am able to drive! The Red TC16V is still for sale. It is now in Riverside, CA if anyone wants to take a look at it. Let me know and we can set something up.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Bill