1917 Maxwell Upholstery

Guest 33su8

Hello all,

I am new at this. We are trying to upholster a 1917 Maxwell model 25 four door touring. We have recieved photos from a kind member of your club and would appreciate any photos of floor carpet? and running board cover. Would love to hear from any fellow Maxwell enthusiasts. Phil

I don't know specifically about the 1917 Maxwell, but cars from this era in general had the following:

Front - Either a rubber floor mat over the wood floor boards, or the floor boards were covered with grey linoleum. If linoleum was used, there should be evidence of of aluminum trim around the edges of the floor. This was generally used on the middle to upper models. I would expect the Model 25 to have a rubber mat.

Rear - Usually carpeting with a short nap. The type of carpet that dried mud could easily be brushed off of. On lower priced cars, sometimes the rear was just another rubber mat.

Running board covering from this era was usually grey linoleum with aluminum trim.

The trim is available from Restoration Supply.

Below is a picture of the 1912 Maxwell Special that I used to own. The current owner is treating it to a full restoration.

IMG_1247.jpg

Edited by 1940_Buick (see edit history)

• 2 months later...