What Make and Year is this?

Guest jkbushnell

Guest jkbushnell

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so bear with me if I mess anything up. I have had this photo of my late Dad for many years and have always been curious of the make and year of the auto. Someone once speculated that it may be a Maxwell - I have done a lot of searching around the web but haven't found anything - can someone help?

Thanks and best regards,

Jim

post-64725-143138129607_thumb.jpg

You did fine. Lots of folks have difficulty posting photos and you got it right the first time.

Welcome to the AACA Discussion forum. I am not enough of an expert to identify the car, but I'll bet someone on this forum will identify it for you soon.

Guest jkbushnell

Thanks to those who replied. I scanned the photo at 1200 dpi and could make out Essex on the wheel hubs! What a kick to finally make an identification. I found a lot of original ads reproduced on the web and this is surely a 1922 - 1925 Essex. I've got another one attached which I think was his brother-in-law Everett - looks like maybe a home-built?

Best regards,

Jim

post-64725-143138130645_thumb.jpg

Thanks to those who replied. I scanned the photo at 1200 dpi and could make out Essex on the wheel hubs! What a kick to finally make an identification. I found a lot of original ads reproduced on the web and this is surely a 1922 - 1925 Essex. I've got another one attached which I think was his brother-in-law Everett - looks like maybe a home-built?

Best regards,

Jim

Home built body on a Model T Ford.

Wow! you guys did so good on that I thought I'd send one. Sent to me by a customer, we'd like to know the make and model of the truck. The lady's outfit is obviously newer then the vehicle, so I'm guessing it's a restoration; probably fresh when the photo was taken.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40672&stc=1&d=1257787083

post-56349-143138130668_thumb.jpg

I think it's the 1916 VIM. This site;

http://chuckmannon-sporttradingcards1950s.blogspot.com/

is for "world on wheels" trading cards.

scroll down to card #57

I actually have a (mostly complete) set of these cards and it says on the back; "4 cylinders, 14.4 horsepower, 100" wheelbase, cost new $775. This bus was rescued from a junk yard and was restored by the Long Island Automotive Museum in Southampton NY. it was used to transport soldiers at Camp Devens, Mass."