Mystery 'dimples' in Scotland.

Vintman

Hi Folks,

Need your help on one which I recognise, but cannot put a name to. It has very prominent 'dimples' on the rad which I have seen before. Registration is Perth Scotland 1929. Photo is Aberdeen Scotland very early 30s. Has four cars, three which I have identified.

Kind Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

post-58492-143138128888_thumb.jpg

Hi,

The dimples appear part of the radiator top molding. I think they are the same size; angle/light. The badge molding appears to have flutes underneath merging into the radiator core (bit like the Daimler flutes but facing down). Attached is the full photo. The cars on the left are Buicks, centre is an Austin, next is (relatively sure) Citroen, and then 'dimples'. Could be European 'continental'.

Regards

Vintman

post-58492-143138129332_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

This one is still outstanding and would much appreciate positive confirmation that this car (the car far right) is not American. The Oakland suggestion by Keiser is a good one but there is definitely a lower profile to the top of the rad badge bulge, not on the Oakland, and it also seems to have flutes a la Daimler. I have removed the ‘dimples’ (in photo ab2) just in case they were dents and it does help in identification. They look too even to be accidental dents.

The enquirer stated ” My grandfather owned one of the cars - we think its the only one without someone stood next to it as he's taking the photo. (we guess but not sure).” My thought is that this car (second from right and ab3 below) is a Citroen C4 of 1930 vintage. Registration is 1930. Many many pointers match; - only small problem is that the Citroen had a very small ‘widows peak’ under the badge, which I cannot make out on the photo. So any thoughts please. Chrysler or family??

Regards

Vintman

Classic Cars, Veteran Cars and Vintage Cars - The Surrey Vintage Vehicle Society

post-58492-143138136624_thumb.jpg

post-58492-143138136627_thumb.jpg