Old Family Photos #4 of 7

Curti

I believe it was Ballcrank that made a lot of the accessorie tube bumpers in the 1920's, don't know if they were factory items or not in that time frame.:)

Maybe McFarlan then, it appears that McFarlin used a tube bumper , and the shell dosn't look quite right for that either.

It took some time, but here's a '25 McFarlan that lives at the Indy Speedway Museum, the Model Twin Valve-6 Model 142 on a 140" whb ($5,400 fob, and beautiful!). Add disc wheels, take away the extra stuff the larger car would have and you have a McFarlan Single Valve-6 Model 42. (Forget things like bumpers and wheels; I have magazines full of ads for disc wheels and bumpers that anyone could add at any time to their car).

mf250102.jpg

Even if the car in question is the bigger McFarlan, I'm convinced that's the marque, circa 1925.

Thanks 1937hd45 for setting the course...

Link to the French website the image came from.

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Wrong radiator shell (McFarlan one is squarish and taller), wrong splash apron, no cowl lamps, no top hood flaps...The car in question does NOT have that radiator shell shape. Sorry to be adamant about it, but I just do not see McFarlan when I see that car. Similar body, but that's about all.

I still say it is a Lincoln. It has the right right radiator shape. Now your mission, if you decide to take it, is to prove me wrong. ;) Never mind the bumpers. Look at that Radiator shell. It has Lincoln written all over it. Dandy Dave!

There does appear to be a widows peak on the radiator shell, which does indeed look Lincoln. I did a Google on 24,25,26 Lincoln. I can't find any with the hood louvers that come as close to the belt line. This is a 26 Lincoln taken at approxmately the same angle.