1959 Mercury Park Lane, nice unrestored car

I don't really want to, but am putting my 1959 Mercury Park Lane 4-door hardtop up for sale to fund another restoration I am doing. This is an amazing unrestored car, with 90% of its original paint, all of its original upholstery, 94,000 miles, runs and drives very well. Never hit, never wrecked, driveable anywhere as is. 430 V-8, power steering, power brakes, AM radio, clock, rear center armrest, original carpet, original door panels, recent tires 9.00 by 14", recent exhaust, brake lines, wheel cylinders, master cylinder rebuild, power booster rebuild, recent water pump, battery, new battery box, recent headliner. Clock and gas guage not working. There are some small rust holes in the rocker panels, but the moulding covers most of them and a pair of new rocker panels go with the car, as do all of the manuals. This is a very rare car; Mercury's top of the line in 1959 and one of the largest Mercurys ever made. Multi-Drive automatic transmission works perfectly. Much of the exterior chrome could stand to be replated, but car is completely operable and enjoyable as is. Paint is much too nice to consider repainting the car, in my opinion. They are only original once! Few of these cars were saved--here is one that is almost completely original. $7995. Located in Sherman, Texas.

pphillips922@earthlink.net

post-32059-14313812733_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138127334_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138127336_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14313812734_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138127343_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138127346_thumb.jpg

Who would want a big ol' ugly Mercury like that?:P

I would, if I had time, room and extra cash! Hope it finds a good home Pete- and that the other restoration justifies selling this one.

I always hope original mostly unrestored cars go to people that appreciate those attributes. I agonized over saving a 61k mile 1973 Olds Delta 4D HT a few weeks ago, that some punk wanted to gut its 455 for a Cutlass and then scrap the hulk. That car was at least as nice as your Mercury. I hope someone saved it, it was just too nice to do that, but I had neither time, room, nor extra money laying around.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Soul 77

hello I register myself here to contact you, but then I saw your contact mail and I sent you a mail explainning that I v got a 59 parklane (in red and cream) also hard top, but I live in south america and I don t know how to restore it or sell it, is in very good shape, original engine etc is the car in the photo I want to meet people hwo undertand about this cause here is imposible or the most expensive thing to do ever!! I totally envy the wonderful garages you have there.. ok, any suggestions I will thank you very much