Delco Ignition Switch fits what?

Pat_n_Pat

1275 is not in my Delco book but that is not surprising. Years ago I had a Delco double distributor unit unlike any I had seen. It was not listed and it wasn't until years later that I saw another on a Hispano-Suiza. Perhaps your combination ( lighting and ignition) switch is for a European application and could be Hisso if they purchased more than just the ignition from Delco. The 1275 number is between other numbers used in 1926 (year). The style handles and lack of names ( just letters) may hint at foreign sales for Delco.

My late Father in law purchased a collection of magnetos in the mid 50's. It also included some ignition switches.......This actually appears to be one of the more modern ones! Could have been European. "I" and "L" for ignition and lights would indicate english speaking? Great Britain?

I am surprised that it falls in numbering for 1926. I would have thought there would have been a few more patent dates over the 10 years from 1916 ;)

Thanks for your help, and thanks for checking. This is just one more in a long line of "oddities" we keep uncovering!

Pat