1962 Buick Special Convertible

Guest wbt2664

Guest wbt2664

Hello everyone, I just got this car, and it has no parts on the body, no grill, no lights, no bumpers no mirrors no molding, really this means no chrome. so im wondering if the 1962 4 door sedan or the skylarks have the same exterior pieces im in need of will fit. really just want to know if bumpers, grill, lights and wheel moldings would fit, very hard to find for special. any info on this will be of best help. thanks

The grille / lights / bumpers should be the same. What model is your car? The base Special 4067, like mine, has no wheel moldings, nor body side moldings. The Special DeLuxe, 4167, had the body side and I believe wheel opening moldings. The rear end gets a bit trickier. Skylarks got a different treatment altogether. I have seen some different tail lights...sedans and wagons got a different tail light treatment than convertibles / hard tops.

The BCA technical adviser for the compact Buicks spends time here and he can give you a more definitive answer.

1962 Buick Special Convertible - this is what my car looked like in October of 2003. At this very moment, it is in the garage here at the house, so I could definitely ensure you could have some additional photos. I have the proper hub caps and a black top on my car now. It is an Arctic White car...I guess it is just blushing all the time :rolleyes:

Here's a few photos taken in 2007.

post-32068-143138126035_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138126037_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138126039_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest doshadoc

Sorry bout that. I lost ur # when I lost my phone.

Please give me a call, 619253851

I took off some parts but not all.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 42buickman

There is an ad on Craigslist in st. Louis Mo, the fellow has grilles, bumpers etc. from a '62 Special. Don't know how to make the link to it, so, punch in Craigslist, St. Louis, Mo, auto parts by owner. Good luck, Paul