ID this lost-in-the-woods relic

navigator4

Great, thanks for the info!

In the same canyon is the relic shown here, put to use as a powersource for ore processing. Years ago I sent GM some numbers from it, and as I recall they said it was a Buick pickup! I know of several other vehicles in the area that were pressed into similar service, some in almost inaccessible places. Crazy miners...

Not a car, but maybe someone here knows the history of the Buda company? There is a huge 4-cylinder engine that powered a winch at an old mine far above these two cars, and that name is on the radiator.

post-64528-143138125406_thumb.jpg

post-64528-143138125408_thumb.jpg

post-64528-14313812541_thumb.jpg

In my view,I can`t see that the 4 first pictures are from a 1920s Buick,the head lamps are wrong,the licens bracket goes between the fenders that`s wrong,looks like a crank hole in the bracket between the frames that`s wrong.But the next 3 picktures are from a 1924 or 1925 Buick,1925 was the last yer with starter -generator as one unit,it has been an open car.

Leif in Sweden.

Guest Gary Hearn

Buda was a long time engine builder that later gravitated towards industrial applications. They were acquired in the mid 1950's by Allis Chalmers (forcing Cockshutt to source their tractor engines from Hercules).

Here is a photo of the Buda. Must have been interesting working those pedals, with the thing sitting at the edge of a 30-foot sheer drop. I will get better photos of the car next time, maybe next week, and look for the numbers again. Thanks for the info!

post-64528-143138126042_thumb.jpg