Please help ID this car....1929 Dodge maybe?

Guest XmikeyX

Guest XmikeyX

Maybe some of you guys can help me out.

This picture is of my grandmother in front of my grandfathers car while on their honeymoon I believe.

Can anyone ID the car?

post-57726-143138124528_thumb.jpg

XmikeyX,

Is the family history saying that this car of your Grandfather's was a Dodge?

It looks like a 1929 Peerless 8-125 with a 322 cu. in. straight eight, possibly the shorter-wheelbase 5-passenger Sedan. On the photo gallery there is a picture of the 7-passenger version.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest XmikeyX

I'm actually going off the fact that he owned Dodges later in his life. 1929 Peerless? Wow. Well that picture was taken in 1941 at Lake George, NY.

I've been looking at some books to see if anything else is close to the car in your photo. If the car isn't a Peerless...maybe it is a 1928 Dodge Senior Six, 1928 Stearns-Knight, 1930 Hudson Eight, or 1931 Chrysler Eight De Luxe. Some other guys on the Forum would know those cars better than I.

These are all desirable autos now, but you could have bought them for a song in 1941!

How about a 1930 Dodge DC Eight 4dr Sedan,but the cowl lights isn`t right.

When loocking at the hub caps they very much looks like Continetal 1933-1934.

Leif in Sweden.

Not DC8...there would be a very large flat area between the hood side louvers and the chrome radiator shell. Fender mounted lamps are wrong. Those hubcaps look like 1932 Dodge, but the '32 had a slanted windshield with no visor. I don't think it is a Dodge even though it is similar.

The hubcaps also really look like Nash and the way they have paint between the outer cap and the base is the same.

One? year Nash did have fender lamps. I know the 32 first series (very early 32, called 900 series) had fender lights but that model Nash radiator shell was mostly painted with some stainless trim. I don'r recall if the 30 Nash had fender lights, but I think they had chrome rad shell.

Guest speedydeedy

It is hard to be sure with a blurry photo like this.I see the windshield visor so this means the period before 1932 for almost all makes. The hub caps and wheels and basic body shape looks like a 31 Olds,but I can't see enough of the grill to be sure.