1930's Chrysler Product trunk hinge

Tom Burtch

I've acquired a nice selection of old car parts (mostly NOS) left over from several dealers in Kenya - the newest are from mid 1960's, but most are mid 1930's to early 1950's era. American cars were not popular here and there are few local experts to consult, so I really appreciate help from AACA to identify come of the parts I don't recognize. So far I've been able to identify parts from Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, Studebaker, Terraplane and Dodge.

I believe this is a NOS trunk hinge for a late 1930's Chrysler Corp product. It is about 8 3/8 inches long and has the nested DPCD symbol along with a number 742854 in the underside of the casting. I expect either the number or the shape will be enought to identify it for someone who knows these cars. Hope you can help. Tom

post-63775-143138122837_thumb.jpg

post-63775-143138122843_thumb.jpg

sorry but unless it,s Canadian assembled they will not fit a 39 Chrysler ,Dodge or DeSoto, they had internal hinges, 37-38 yes they are exactly the same as the one that were on my 37 , which i still have a used spare for

• 2 months later...
Guest 37Imp_limo

Do you still have these hinges. I am need of both right and left but will take the right handed one if that is all you have. I was working on my 1937 Imperial and both hinges snapped off.