Back Issue search of Bulb Horn Magazine - help!

Guest piewagon

Guest piewagon

I just purchased a 1912 Ford Delivery Car (in pieces) that was last seen all together in a past issue of Bulb Horn magazine. I don't know the exact issue. The previous owner thinks it was about 1950 or 1951. He remembers the issue was about the Glidden Tour and cars touring through Newport, RI. The car (which looks like a small panel Truck with brass T radiator) says EGAN LAUNDRY on the side of it and was white in color. The owners name was supposedly listed as EGAN with regard to the picture. This magazine contains the only known picture of the car as it was when the previous owner bought it. Could anyone help me get a copy of that picture or at least tell me what issue of Bulb Horn I am looking for. He recalls having the magazine (club magazine of the VMCCA) for awhile and said he thinks it had white cover but had scrollwork framing the cover so that does sound like a 50's era version of the Bulb Horn from what I have learned. I have asked the VMCCA and they could only point me to the directory from that era but it doesn't give the level of detail that would help me find the picture. It will take somebody with issues of the Bulb Horn magazine from that era. All help appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum, just checked the 1950 Glidden feature in the January 1951 issue of the Bulb Horn, your car was not on the 1950 Tour. Try to find a January 1952 issue for coverage of the 1951 Tour. Our 1912 Ford Touring was on the 1950 Tour when Elmer Bemis owned the car. He finished the restoratrion a week before the tour and the car still carries that restoration today. Sounds like your Pie Wagon is an original, good luck with the rebuild. Bob

Guest piewagon

Thanks for looking Bob. Mr. Egan who owned the car at the time it was in the Bulb Horn magazine was from Newport, RI so not sure if he was actually on the tour. I wondered if my seller may have been confused with the Newport RI Old Car festival or whatever they held there annually. The only thing for certain is that the car was in the Bulb Horn magazine sometime before it was purchased from Mr. Egan. The man I bought the car from inherited the car from his dad who had a very bad accident some years ago and had to learn a lot of brain and motor functions all over again. He seems OK today but his memory is clouded though he wants to help. Nice fellow. He is pretty sure he bought the car sometime around 1950 but it could have been earlier or later but he recalls the magazine had scrollwork that framed the cover of the mag.

• 1 year later...
Guest smergele

I found you "Pie Wagon" in the January 1950 BH page 25 in the Gay Nineties Labor Day Party parade it is listed as a 1911 Ford Panel truck Egan's Laundry. It is the lead vehicle in the photo. I can email the photo to you.