1955 New Yorker St. Regis

Guest Kat-Fan

Guest Kat-Fan

Good afternoon......I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I have a 1955 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis. Nice, straight, unrestored, original driver. On the outside panel just under the truck lid and above the rear bumper are 4 small holes that it appears may have been for a piece of trim or script. I have not been able to find any pictures that would show this area and so am wondering if there was something either from the factory or dealer added that was attached to these four tiny holes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kat-Fan

I can only imagine that it says "St. Regis" there if it says "Chrysler New Yorker" on the deck lid. If it does not say that on the trunk lid, then the four holes are for a gold "Chrysler" script. Here is a black and white rear shot, but cannot decipher the lettering. I will also include a color photo of what is supposed to be a St Regis, too. Clearly, the holes are supposed to be there for some script.

post-37352-14313812144_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138121444_thumb.jpg

Guest Kat-Fan

Thanks so much for the response Keiser31. That is what I suspected but could not be sure. There is no script on the trunk lid....thus it must be the gold Chrysler scriipt you are referring to. It has New Yorker DeLuxe on the rear quarter panels and St. Regis on each side between the rear glass and the rear quarter windows but nothing on the trunk lid. Again...thanks for your assistance and the pictures.

Guest martylum

Hi-In 1955 automatic DeSotos had a chrome Powerflite script on the panel below the trunk lid on the RH side. The script was retained by back posts in 3-4 holes and was about a foot or so long.

Not sure about Chrysler automatics.

Martin Lum

• 5 months later...
Guest Beltran

It is probably the word Deluxe. It was used on Windsor's and New Yorkers. I have a 55 Windsor and it is located in the same place under the truck latch mechanism.

• 4 years later...
Guest Kat-Fan

Well...4 plus years later I found the script that goes on the panel under the trunk lid and about the rear bumper. The chrome script says "Chrysler". The script is in excellent condition with all the pins in place. I just need the little nuts that hold the script on to the panel and I can check this one off the list!

Well...4 plus years later I found the script that goes on the panel under the trunk lid and about the rear bumper. The chrome script says "Chrysler". The script is in excellent condition with all the pins in place. I just need the little nuts that hold the script on to the panel and I can check this one off the list!

Try here for the nuts....

http://www.oldmoparts.com/Default.aspx

or Restoration Specialties.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/