Moxie Mobile

Guest Xprefix28truck

Guest Xprefix28truck

Where can I find out more info on this car? I saw the Heshey pictures and I want more info. If I Google it all I get is info on the music group.

The gentleman from Pennsylvania told me a few years ago that he found literature on the Moxie "Horse" cars and got permission to recreate them. At that time I think he had built 4 and all on different chassis brands. I have photos of a 1927 Rolls-Royce and a 1931 La Salle. The photos I have I took at the Shenandoah Region AACA show at Winchester, VA various years. I think he told me that one of the cars was on a Pierce-Arrow chassis but I cannot say for sure.

Tom Laferriere saw this car and went nuts. I think he tried to buy it but his wife stepped in and pulled the reins in...

Cute pun. :D

But in her defense, she was there spurring him on to buy the yellow speedster. I was there and I know first hand she was. So was I. I mean come on, it looks like the yellow speedster in his logo. He had to have it.

post-36313-143138120446_thumb.jpg

Guest Xprefix28truck

Thanks so much for all the info. You guys (and Susn) crack me up! I am supprised though that there isn't much more info out there on this car. Does the original ever show up at Hershey? I have never been to Hershey, but will attend sometime. ( My wife has been seriously ill since August of '07) My wife and I both love the pre-wars. But she can't walk for more that 5 minutes at a time. Se did attend the Model T Centenial in Richmond In. It's only 12 miles from our home. But we only got to stay 20 minutes before she had to leave. So Hershey isn't looking so good.

My mother-in-law approached me a few years ago bearing a newspaper. "Here's a car I bet you never heard of." "As a matter of fact," I said, "I took pictures of it a few weeks ago." Burst her little bubble. That was just after I took photos of the Rolls-Royce version.

I bet that endeared you to mother in law!!

Ben

Wil Markey from Dallastown, PA built a series of Moxie Cars. His first was on a '32 LaSalle Chassis. The first time he showed it he was given an offer he couldn't refuse and it went to Holland I believe. We did some of the painting on that one, primarily the MOXIE windsheild and sign panels. He then built another on a Rolls chassis which also sold. I know he built a third but not sure of the chassis on that one. The Buick Moxie at Hershey was new to me. It is my understanding that the car in New Hampshire is the sole surviving original Moxie car but I could be mistaken. I believe Mr Markey still has the last example he assembled.

I bet that endeared you to mother in law!!

Ben<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Ben, my father-in-law never missed an opportunity to tell people I was his favorite son-in-law. On the other hand, I think I was the least favorite son-in-law the M-I-L had and maybe the least favorite member of her family. Anyway, I was their only son-in-law. LOL