Skylark GS 400 / Riviera 'Star Wars' Air Cleaner

Guest Edicted

Guest Edicted

This is something Joe always wanted to get fixed, repainted and put it one of his cars.

There are two top pieces and one bottom piece. The one top piece connected with the bottom is in better condition, has a nice tri-shield emblem, but the snorkel on the right side has a chunk missing, the second top has some paint fade, etc., but has a good donor snorkel.

I believe Joe had said the top with the emblem has 2 or 3 NOS letters on it (no nuts included). There is an extra 'K' also. The donor upper has a couple of letters with broken studs.

No base, no top nut. What is in the pictures is what you will receive.

I am asking $200 + $35 S&H to the lower 48 states.

Star_Wars-1.JPG

Star_Wars-2.JPG

Star_Wars-3.JPG

Star_Wars-4.JPG

Donor top

Star_Wars-5.JPG

Star_Wars-6.JPG

Star_Wars-7.JPG

Star_Wars-8.JPG

Star_Wars-9.JPG

Star_Wars-10.JPG

Guest P Weston

If this unit is complete, less the top wing nut, I will take it. I realize work is needed on them but I want to make sure everything is there to make a good one.

I must admit I have never seen one of these from underneath. I thought they were decorative only and thought maybe Buick engineers were imbibing and thinking " yea dude let's come up with a really far out air cleaner housing. Yea man"

However - is that an impellar or fan I see in one of the photos? Was this meant to be functional and create a swirl charge on the incoming air?

Guest Edicted

It's not an impeller or fan as the black part is stationary. I would guess it has something to do with funneling the air from the snorkels in through the chamber then into the 2 & 4 barrels on the carb.

• 2 weeks later...