Lakeland, Fl Car Show

89REATTAJIM

Guest spamseptictank

I'll probably show up to see what's there. I usually enjoy seeing the "working" vehicles (as opposed to the trailer queens), so I'll probably end up Downtown. Where were you planning to be?

Dave

Guest Richard D

Hello all, Where can I get some more info on this show? It sounds like it has two sections, one for daily drivers and one for show cars.

Richard

Guest Richard D

89Reattajim, This looks like fun, I am thinking of driving up and just parking my Reatta at the hotel. From Miami it would be a two day trip. I have never formally "shown" my Reatta, the car is not perfect, the drivers seat shows some signs of wear and it is only 20 years old. Folks do seem to like it at the monthly car gathering at the local Fuddruckers though.

Thank's for the information.

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

Guest spamseptictank

A couple of years ago, they added the Downtown section of the show. Most of the restored cars are displayed around the lake, whereas many survivors and custom rods are downtown. One year, I remember a white Reatta convertible in the "for Sale" lot at the corner of Orange and Kentucky.

My friend and I always have a good time looking around, eating at Palace Pizza, and taking photos of mods that may or may not end up on something I'm working on at some point.

Guest Road mister

Mirror Classic. I was just reading the brochure this morning. Looks like Saturday for me. I was only looking to view the many classics, but I can bring the Reatta if you want to park a few and meet up. And put some faces with the names. Looks like a very diverse show.

John

Guest Richard D

I was thinking if the weather was nice I would drive the 71 Skylark up, However the car has not seen rain or a long trip since it was restored/freshened. But then again it does have over 15,000 miles on it so it's not like it is an under 100 mile car. I think I will figure the round trip mileage then decide. The Skylark gets about 40 to 60 miles a month these days and it could be a nice trip.:confused:

Guest breather

Hi Guys and Gals,

I live in Lakeland and would really enjoy seeing a gaggle of Reattas. If somebody has a location picked out for the Saturday show, PLEASE let me know.

Guest Road mister

Breather, response has been good for that show. You know the area, what is a good meet up place that is easy to find? Most likely everyone will exit from I-4.

Guest Road mister

Richard, I would like to see that Skylark, had a 71 convertible many years ago. It was a fun car. All factory and a sleeper in that muscle car era.

Guest Tonivisa

Anybody want to buy a 90 Red/Tan Conv. with 47,00 miles for $ 7000.00 Cash ? If so, I will drive it to Lakeland.

Call Toni in Vero @ 772-569-7584

Guest Richard D
Richard, I would like to see that Skylark, had a 71 convertible many years ago. It was a fun car. All factory and a sleeper in that muscle car era.

Mine has the generic Buick Skylark drive train, 350 cid, 2bbl, 350 turbo hydro. Power every-damthing. All it lacked was a clock so I found one on ebay and cleaned and oiled it with some chemicals I received from a watchmaker friend. I never understood that. They load the option boxes and then they stick what looks like a clock missing it's hands. Even the power connector was there. Light yellow in color brown interior. I even found a drivers door handle with no chrome pitting (yet) I hope to make it up tomorrow night then leave Sunday. It all depends on a family member who may need surgery. My sister says go I will be fine but if she has to have it done over the weekend, I will stay at the hospital. She had one removed several years ago and now they want to take the other one(you know what I am talking about) and she is only 43 years old. I will have my cell on to get together if I make it up, 305-495-5485.

Richard.

PS IT will be the first convertible weather, 60s here in Miami and getting cooler further north.