Headlights "clicking", interior light goes on after door is closed- dash stays on too

Guest swez01

Guest swez01

When I turn off my 88 Reatta, the headlights will make a constant "clicking" sound- even though I didn't have them on. It will go away when I turn the lights off and on a few times but I don't want to wear out the motor in the headlights that makes them go up and down. Also, sometimes (not all the time but more often than not) the dash will stay lit when I close the door and the dome light will come on (or stay on- whichever it feels like) after the door is closed. It only has 39k miles on it and it's in great shape- I'm no car person so I could use the help.

Hi swez01. Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of help here for your Reatta.

If I were you I would start a new post for each problem to keep the replies from becoming confusing.

Click here for help in troubleshooting your headlights. It will explain a lot about the headlight problem you are having.

<hr>

Please add the model of your Reatta ( and any other relative information) to your signature line. It will make it easier for us to help you with answering your questions without repeatedly asking you about the Reatta you own.

Click "User CP" in the menu at the top of this page and scroll down to "Edit Signature"

Thanks!