old photos

Guest weaving

Guest weaving

here is another photo from the garage, a man from my home town worked for a wealthy family in Chicago, I think the name was Mc, Cormick

janne sweden :)

li 1.jpg

I think the Rolls is a Brewster bodied, New Phantom based on the side view showing that the rear springs are not exposed like they were on the Silver Ghosts. It does appear to be fitted with Silver Ghost cowl lamps but a few of the New Phantom limousines were. Some one with more knowlege will know.

David

Guest Casper Friedrich

I looked at the radiator to know if it was a Silver Ghost or Phantom. Only the later one's had that kind of shutters.

Casper, That is not correct. I have a few photos of later model Silver Ghosts clearly showing vertical louvers on the radiator.

I have had another good look at the side on photo and I will change my earlier view on it being a New Phantom. The car in the photo does not appear to have any front brakes and therefore that would make it a silver ghost.

David

Guest Casper Friedrich

According to Georgano in his book the classic Rolls-Royce the Springfield Phantom didn't get front-wheel brakes until early 1927. The drum-shaped headlights are of course very typical for the American Ghost.