1932 REO Speedwagon Truck

Guest Rusty REO

Guest Rusty REO

Well last weekend I finally found a truck to restore! Totally un bias as to what kind of antique truck i was looking for I came across this 1932 REO Speedwagon truck, or at least thats what year i was told it was!! I have yet to find a picture of one of these trucks and have not figured out where to look for identification to confirm the year.

The truck is 95 percent complete except bed, which i was told was mostly wood. I would like to find someone with one of these trucks to look at. I would also like to find out the production quantities and see how many were made.

it has some major work on the cab that needs to be fixed. Does anyone know if this truck had a metal roof on the cab or has someone added this in?

Thanks Lee

post-64067-143138116127_thumb.jpg

post-64067-143138116131_thumb.jpg

post-64067-143138116134_thumb.jpg

post-64067-143138116137_thumb.jpg

post-64067-14313811614_thumb.jpg

post-64067-143138116145_thumb.jpg

You have what looks to me to be a 1929 Reo Flying Cloud sport sedan. It was NOT a truck, but was "revised". The rear of the "cab" used to be the rear of the sedan....way in the rear, behind the fenders. That's what I think. It may be a year later or a year newer. A Reo guy will know. I do know that it's not a '32 and it's not a truck.

post-37352-143138116197_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Rusty REO

:oThanks, That would make since! whats a vehicle like this worth! I wanted to restore it but if its not a truck (originally), then its not what I want!

I just thought it was really cool for a truck!

Lee

• 1 month later...

It would definitely make a cool one-of-a-kind truck and with some smooth body work, it could look like it was made that way. If it appeals to you and you are willing to put the time and money into it (I would if I HAD any money), then go for it. It would be great to see it finished.

• 1 month later...

RustyREO

Your REO Speedwagon as they are called is quite a find and if you want to see pictures of REO trucks you can go to the REO Club of America website and look at pictures of REO Speedwagons. The REO Club of America is also a great source of information and parts or know where to get the parts. I have a 1929 REO Flying Cloud that I have had for thirty years and I'm just now getting around to the point of getting back to restoring it. I was a member of the REO Club thirty years ago and I have recently renewed my membership. I'm very pleased as to what I see now. Most of the old members have died off I'm sorry to say, but the members are very helpful and knowedgeable. Membership is $18.00 per year but it's $18.00 well spent in my opinion.

www.REO Club of America