road wheel identification

Guest Ford GP

I have a batch of wheels I would like to identify. I have listed them in a photo bucket album and you can see the measurement details when you click on an individual photo.Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I believe wheels one through four are 1931-35 Chrysler?

Edited by Ford GP (see edit history)

The easiest way with wheels is to measure the PCD. Esp this many. Pitch circle diameter.

That is; the no of stud holes, the dia of the holes [in a circle] in inches and also the dia of the wheel would be good. [or tyre size]

Once you are armed with this info there are lots of wheel charts u can check that will tell u what they came off and what other cars they fit.

HTH

Manuel in Oz

Guest Ford GP

Thanks Guys. These came from a willys/kaiser guy who had a bunch of other stuff as well, any idea what year mopar, or is the 1940s/1950s vintage correct? Could they be Kaiser?

Manuel, are you referring to the bolt pattern? I tried to measure those that I could using one of those plastic gauges. The six lug patterns did not fit into the guage however. I just realized I forgot to actually post the data for most of the tires. It is up there now, and more to come.

Can you recommend any of the charts you are referring to in particular?

Brian

Edited by Ford GP (see edit history)

Guest Ford GP

I took a look at the chart you suggested, and I suppose that might get me to a basic brand, but most of the wheels I have are 1940s to 1960s and I was hoping the hubcap clips and stamped patterns in the wheels might help identify them specifically for a particular vehicle, as well as the lug count and pattern.

It seems it would be helpful to have an online website that shows wheel examples identified by make model and year, with a reverse look up using lug pattern and count. Known examples could be contributed by participants. Is there such a website? Any idea how we could start one?

Brian