1932 Plymouth PB Roadster project

pmdolan

I would be looking at talking the guy down at least $6,000.00 since the engine, trans and driveshaft have been switched out, in my opinion. I would not call that "completely restored.

On the other hand, he may correctly believe that the engine swap is an improvement. All you need to look at is the dollar values of hot rods vs. equivalent restored cars and you might conclude that this is the case.

Guest MattyGit

Both are valid thoughts... on one hand the Ford 6 vs the Plymouth 4 is probably an improvment by most any means when just looking at it as a power plant for the car. But by no means is it the investment of time, thought and artistry that you are performing on your hot rod Bob. Perhaps it's more of a wash or cancellation. I have a number in my mind that I'll offer, depending on what I am met with when I see the car first hand. The couple is selling their car, and I quote, " due to the poor economy." I just hope they are not the type that feel they sitting on a goldmine.

• 9 months later...
Guest jcforgives

I just got a 32 plymouth converible thats mostly put together but the top frame is not installed is there anyboby tant has any pics how to installed.Any kind of help would be great

GOD BLESS

Rockin'4 JESUS

Randy

Guest jcforgives

I think mind is a pb because the doors are backwards Do you know where to get a manual on how to install the top are any pics

GOD BLESS

Rockin'4 JESUS

Randy

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have a 1930 plymouth convertible coupe body only, it has been cut in to 8 different parts.

at this time it dose not look so good, we would like to see a picture of the top how it works.

Im not smart enought to even find a picture of a 1930 plymouth convertible on the internet let alone the top.

we are putting it on a S10 fram, it is starting to come together, would love to see a top fram Im sure there is a difference where the side glass fits in the fram of the top when the window is rolled up and it has two pins some how the front lach in the convertible.

thank you !!!

Guest jcforgives

I just bought a 32 pb convertble an I need to install th top frame and some wood.Does anyone have any pics or better yet a manual

GOD BLESS

Rockin'4 JESUS

Randy

• 11 months later...
Guest Claybury

Hello, I admire the 1932 Plymouth Roadsters and I come by this honestly through my father who used to own one when he was a youngster growing up in central Minnesota. My father is now 81 and reminisces frequently about his yellow Roadster and the trouble he and buddies used to get into with it (or get out of as the case may be!:D) This leads me to the reason for my posting and curiousity about these great cars. I have looked on the internet to try and find information about these cars, it's been somewhat limited. The reason is that I would like to find someone who might be willing to give my dad a ride in their 1932 Plymouth Roadster. I am from (and so is Dad) from central/northern Minnesota. Obviously, this is a summer wish, no one wants to drive an antique car in the middle of winter! I don't expect anything for free either.

Any websites regarding this car, original information etc... that could be printed would be fantastic. I also would like permission to print out photos of some of the restored Roadsters you all have made come back to life through restoration. I want to give them to my Dad. email addy is claybury@aol.com

Thank you and I look forward to seeing your progess with your Roadsters on this Project feed!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

That is looking gorgeous! Boy, there are a LOT of things going on down there on the passenger side of the engine...carburetor, exhaust, fuel pump, free-wheeling canister and that air cleaner box!

WHAT ISN THAT BIG box with the pipe sticking up and an air cleaner on top. am i missing something. it looks like it would go through the hood. very nice work, looks great

Just the Plymouth version of an air cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duane Van Zandt

Yes you are. right about the engine. I am building a 32 pub coupe and have spent two years getting a 1970 340 six pack and 727 trans installed. It runs awesome. I have taken the time to install only Mopar parts. Even the seats and steering column are 70 Mopar. I call her almo..... have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duane Van Zandt

Thank you. I should be able to get my coupe painted this summer. I am thinking about painting the fenders satian black and the body sassy grass green like the 70 Cuda. I think that those colors speak Mopar. How about you. The chrome work cost so dang much..... wow!! Not sure why. I found I place to get my running boards re-done but they want $500... sounds like a lot to me. What do you think.

• 11 months later...
Guest Duane Van Zandt

Hello, I am still working on my 32. I have been upgrading the top end of my 340. Installed a lunati hyd roller cam and found that my J heads would not work. I found a set of 308 heads and installed them along with a new e curve MSD setup. WOW....... I am very happy. I will post some pictures as soon as I can. Still working on interior and paint. It is taking me a long time as I do all the work here at home. Have a great day and thank you for your intrest

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...