1975 BUICK RIVIERA GS MODEL- 455-4

Guest dog222

RARE CAL. RUST FREE CLASSIC. 1975 BUICK RIVIERA GS MODEL, RARE ONLY 3000 PRODUCED, THE END OF THE GS MODEL FOR RIVIERA. THIS CAR IS A 1 FAMILY CAL. RUST FREE, CLEAN TITLE, CLASSIC MUSCLE CAR. FEATURING THE GS OPTIONS, FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS, POSITRACTION REAR END, 455-4 ENGINE, FRONT BUCKET SEATS AND CENTER CONSOLE WITH AUTO SHIFTER. CAR HAS 121K MILES, BUT MORE LIKE 12K WHEN YOU SEE THE RECIEPTS....EVERY BOOK AND RECORD SINCE THE CAR WAS DELIVERED IN 1975. EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER, OVER $8900. OVER 10" OF RECIEPTS. CAR RUNS AND DRIVES LIKE A 2009 MODEL. BRAND NU HONEY GOLD PAINT, PERFECT WHITE VINAL TOP, EXCELLENT WHITE VINAL BUCKET SEATS, GOOD CARPETS, GOOD DOOR PANELS, GOOD HEADLINER, CHROME BUMPERS ARE EXCELLENT. NO DENTS, NO DINGS, NO RIPS, NO TEARS, NO SCRATCHES, NO STAINS.....RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT.... CLEAN CAL. TITLE...ASKING $4500. A RARE, SUPER CLEAN CLASSIC...NOT A PROJECT CAR, BUT A DRIVER. EMAIL FOR PIX: BOBBYBOY77@AOL.COM, OR CALL FOR APPOINTMENT, 213-407-6353. car is located in los angeles, cal.

Too cheap. Gotta be a scammer.

Zimm

That is an attractive price for an awesome car. The only thing I can think is the bias toward much older cars as being antique. I would love to see photos. This is actually a model and year that has grown on me. Wish they could attach photos here.

the car is real and all there. it is a 1 family car, i have over $6500 in the car, i need to sell it quick. just bought another car. that is why i am selling so cheap. the car has every reciept from new...original window sticker, books and records. i did a reshoot, not perfect, but good enough...original honey gold color, we added a slight flake. the interior is all stock and original, the chrome is great condition, no dent, no dings, no tears, no rips. the engine has has top end work with reciepts. trans is good....everything works, air blows, but not cold. all power options work...you can call me to discuss and get pix..213-407-6353

Why don't you scroll down and put it up on the BCA site. I tried to buy a one owner 60K Georgia car for 5K before I bought the 93. He wanted 6K and I couldn't go that.

would this be the same car?

1975 BUICK RIVIERA GS- RARE MUSCLE CAR

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfGDUn2o3PM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfGDUn2o3PM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

no this one is from cal. i bought it 7 months ago, repainted it, fixed the seams on the interior, rehung the headliner. did a tune-up and that was it....

post-63644-143138108478_thumb.jpg

post-63644-143138108483_thumb.jpg

post-63644-143138108487_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Goat & Chicken Farmer

This is a shocking story, maybe some of you won't be surprised but I am flabbergasted. I am new to this forum and I found it by accident because a friend asked me to help him sell a car, well a couple of cars. He had a 77 Pontiac Grand Prix, gorgeous car and clean as a whistle, I listed it on a Pontiac forum that I frequent and it sold overnight. The sad thing is, it sold for well less than he had paid a few years ago. He then asked me to help him with a 75 Buick Riviera that he also wanted to sell (his health is failing). I went to look at the Riviera today and asked about the cars history. He told me he bought it a few years ago in 2009 from a guy here in Salt Lake City (same guy that sold him the Pontiac), for about $11,000 (Ouch), and gave me a few pictures that he had copy's of. To help him out, I went home and decided to do some research to find out the value of the car currently and to see if there is a Buick forum that maybe I could list it on. Well, one of the first sites was a picture of the very same car, (Cal. license plate matched in photos) and a link to this thread. Turns out apparently my friend got hosed by this guy here in SLC that bought the car from Dog222 for ?$4500? and sold it to my friend for $11.000. Story's like this make my skin crawl! With all that said, I drove the car today and it is every bit as nice as described in this thread, it has new tires and runs beautifully. My friend is 72 years old and his health is failing, he is sick about being ripped off but needs to move on. The Pontiac sold for $6000 and I think the Buick is well worth the $4500 it originally sold for, so that is what he will take if there any interested buyers. tom@chezbetty.com

Thanks for your patients with my story but I had to get it off my chest.

Edited by Goat & Chicken Farmer
Left info out (see edit history)

Guest 37Packard

It's unfortunate that your friend paid so much for it but those things happen pretty frequently. You should have no problem selling it for $4500. If it was closer to me I would take a look at it. I hope your friend's health improves and good luck with the sale....

Edited by 37Packard (see edit history)

Someone bought a car for $4500 or less, and sold it to your friend for $11,000?

Businesses naturally need to make a profit, but this hobby is normally based on

the integrity of individuals. Profiteers, sorry to say, are of no help to the hobby.

If that profiteer thought the car was worth $11,000, why didn't he offer the

original seller more than $4500?

I hope the car is in good hands now, and all the best to you in your sales effort.

There are lots of good, dedicated hobbyists on this forum, so you found a good

outlet for finding the Riv a good new home.

Guest Goat & Chicken Farmer
Your friend must have thought it was worth what he paid, or he should not have bought. I fail to see where he was ripped of, only that he paid a lot for it.

Ben

i suppose if you can't see how buying a car for $4500 and re-selling it a week later for $11,000 (way above mkt value) to someone, then that's what's wrong with today's society. That's not the way I was raised.

I see both sides. 1st, your friend - no matter what he paid - received enjoyment from the Riviera and Gran Prix and he can neither take the cars or the cash with him when he passes. 2nd, some work was done on it, not positive by whom - but that would have increased the value. 3rd, your friend agreed to the price. Sure, the seller was a bit greedy, but your friend agreed to the price.

• 4 months later...
Guest miniburch

Hi just stumbled across this forum when doing a search for a 1975 buick. The one show in the photos above is currently listed in phoenix ( using the same photo) for $500.00 1975 Buick . gotta be a scam.