1954 Special model 41, 17,000 orig. miles

Pete Phillips

A friend of mine from the North Texas Chapter, BCA has put his 1954 Special 4-dr. sedan on Ebay. I just happened to see the listing today.

I have no stake in this sale, but I have seen and photographed this car several times over the years he has owned it, and I can say without a doubt, that it is one of the finest, best preserved, unrestored 1954 Buicks on the planet. I hope it goes to someone who appreciates it and leaves it as is. His starting price of $9000 is not bad for what this car is. The car has 17,000 actual miles. It is not a flashy model or color, and it isn't loaded with accessories, but it is a completely unmolested, original car that looks and runs like it is about one or two years old. Paint, upholstery, chrome, everything is original. He drove it to our chapter meeting a few months ago, and I followed along behind. The car does not smoke and is ready for the highway just as it is. You will have to look for a long time to find a nicer 1954 Buick Special.

If I hadn't just bought another old Buick myself, I would be in line to get this one. Ebay #120466651995. This gem needs to go to a Buick Club member. It would be a crime to street-rod this one or even to let it sit outdoors overnight.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

I would certainly love to own this fine, well preserved specimen. This is the most original 54 of any series that I know of to exist. For it to last this long without being unscrupulously repainted or other wise altered is miraculous and a testament to the respect and appreciation the current owner has for this car. I am surprised he can let it go after owning it this long.

Sadly, very sadly, both of my low mileage cars, Buttercup w/13K and Blue Bird w/26K had received some amount of repainting prior to my acquiring them. BC had been painted under the hood and engine (with a paint brush) and BB a full exterior paint due to a small front fender bender.

If any one has the financial capability of buying this car I would certainly think it would be a good investment.

I asked the seller to include the data plate as I see he now has. I was interested in seeing what the referenced "blue" color was as I suspected it to actually be the Jordan Gray which it turned out to be. JG always looks blue to me. I think the color combination on this particular car is very nice. The interior is the same as my Blue Bird which is one of my favorites for 54.

sadly the pictures on eBay can't very easily be blown up to see in more detail the original colors and detail. I have asked asked the seller to please feel free to post the car for sale here if it doesn't sell through eBay this time and perhaps he will post better pictures. Just the pictures alone would be so valuable in documenting correct details of the 54 Buick.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)