trying to identify this body for a friend

Guest slik56

Looks like one of many "speedster" bodies made in the teens thru the twenties that would allow an old car to be dressed up. I think it looks pretty well made and could be a Murcury body but not positive. It does not look home-made, but it does look like it was made for a brass radiator car with the 15 hood former at the front of it. The fenders are earlier too - straight out were changed in 15 to be rounded down in the back & had flares in the fronts. I like the looks of it though I'm not sure I could get into it too well...

from the looks of the radiator and the coil box mounted on the engine, I believe this could be an accumulation of many parts. The radiator and the coil box appear to be 1926 or 1927. While there is a 1915 and prior hood former is also appears that the body is formed for a black out T up to 1927. Can not tell for sure if this is a high hood or low hood. What ever the case this is a keeper. I wish I could help with the body ID.

thanks guys. this is definitely a starting point to do my research. eventually he wants to sell this car once I can tell him exactly what it is.

does anyone know of a good place to get info on those custom body makers from the early 20's? I have picked up a few books on custom body makers, but they mostly cover the big guys of that era and nothing noting the custom bodies for the model T.

thanks again for the help.

scott