Projects in Alabama

Not mine, this is from The Bulletin Board in Montgomery AL so no idea on prices.................

PASTURE FULL OF antique and classic cars. My husbands collected these cars for 40 years and now I am over run with them. All makes, chevy chrysler,ford, olds, triumph, hudson, studebaker,pontiac. MGB GT, Sunbeams, NO Tigers! BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen Bug, needs engine put back in, but the body is nice and it's cheap. I have lots of nice project cars and will take any REASONABLE Offers!! All in various stages of needing restoration,but good project cars. No reasonable offers refused. Call for an appointment. Alexander City AL 256-329-0691

This is an old story that may have changed somewhat. Several years ago my wife and I and two friends went to this place and true to the ad the guy had everything he said he had. Desotos, Dodge Darts, Chevies, Fords, he even had a 55 Packard Clipper. He also had an insane idea as to what field cars should cost, or he thought he had the Lost Dutchman Glod mine. Now the following is merely assumption on my part based upon conversation with the man etc. etc. I think he and his wife were arguing about all of the cars and she gave him an ultimatum, GET RID OF THE CARS OR ELSE. The prices he gave us were not condusive to selling these hulks at the time so he could easily tell the mrs. that no one wants them. I.E. He had a 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertible, 318 v-8/auto. The top was shot and the interior had been subjected to a long time of rain, sun etc. The tires were flat, there was not a part of that poor car that did not need restoration and it did not run, he wanted $3,800 for it. I had a restored one similar to it that I could not get $3,000 for. For a few years therafter I kept seeing advertisements in Hemmings for these same cars with this same phone number. But now it seems that maybe the husband is not around and the wife wants to clear out the fields of dreams. I plan on calling the number and try to find out more info and will report back on what I learn.

ALK