Three Beauties in an early 1900's automobile

Guest Paul Christ

Sort of looks like a Maxwell. Couldn't say what model. That is definitely a tire patch on the front wheel. There are no headlights so I guess they weren't planning on night driving. The chain looks to be awfully loose. There were Michelsons in Laramie in the sixties who owned a popular bar in town. Be interesting if they are related.

The radiator shape is similar to a Maxwell, but I think Maxwell always had a filler neck. This car appears to have the water tank under the hood, and no filler neck, just a hood that drops over the radiator.

Here is a photo from picasaweb.google. of a 1905 Queen. Note the same shape hood, square door on the lower body and low rear door handles.

Respectfully,

Chris

post-30702-143138104647_thumb.jpg

The Queen must be right. Still say it sort of looks like a Maxwell even if it isn't. Does anybody think that the chain looks a little loose? If it is supposed to be a picture of a new car, then 1910 would be a little late for a 1905 car. They probably arre a little disappointed that they got a flat in their brand new car. That kind of tire patch is the origin of the term to put a boot on the tire. I would imagine that there weren't very many cars here at that date. I wonder where the nearest Queen dealership was. Probably Denver which is a about 130 miles away to the south. Whatever happened to this car? Maybe it's time to start looking in the barns in the area.

The green Queen is being auctioned at Kruse on Labor day. There is a Queen chassis on the main street of Tombstone Az.

Somewhere I have a photo of the old Queen in Tombstone. That was the very first time I had ever heard of a Queen.

At one time that Queen in Az was nearly a complete car. I remember seeing photos of it showing the body, etc.

Terry

Guest Tarheel

"At one time that Queen in Az was nearly a complete car"

It probably became the parts car for the car in the Kruse auction ;^)