1962 Oldsmobile Super 88

Guest altommycoop

Guest altommycoop

This is a beautiful 1962 Oldsmobile Super 88 “Celebrity” Sedan. This car is very, very clean and is very similar to a ‘62 Impala, just more affordable. I’ve had this car for five years and am really sad to have to part with it but need a more practical car for long trips. The interior and exterior of this car are great looking. This car was partially restored about eight years ago, and since buying it I have put about $7000 into it. The odometer reads 64,400 but was not working when I bought the car; it is now.

I want this car in the hands of someone who is going to appreciate it. I'm hoping for ~$3,000 but just make me an offer.

New parts on the engine and car include:

• New entire front suspension and front end

• New belts and fluids

• New harmonic balancer

• New electronic gas pump and fuel line to stop car from vapor locking

• New regulator

• New generator

• New ignition and starter

• New engine gaskets

• New engine and interior wiring

• New tires

• New battery

• Flowmaster exhaust

• Steering and wheel alignment

• Pioneer DEH-6800MP 50w x 4 Head Unit linked to 6” x 9” Boston Acoustic speakers custom installed in the back panel and 3.5” speakers in the front kickpanels. Sounds awesome.

The car has a 330 horsepower, 440 lb-ft torque, 394 ci “Sky Rocket” V8 linked to a 3 speed “hydramatic” transmission. For a list of all of the specifications on the car, visit this website:

Super 88

This car is not fully restored, and as a result does have some flaws, which is why it is priced several thousand dollars lower than a full restore. The car has a couple minor paint flaws (small rust bubbles, chips) and two major blemishes which were left unrestored as “part of the car’s history”. On the driver’s side, there are two bulletholes (the two major blemishes) in the front fender and driver’s side door. They are currently covered by painter’s tape. I have gotten multiple estimates for the reparation of these, which range from about $250 to $500, depending on materials and quality of the repair/paint work. The engine has never (to my knowledge) been fully rebuilt and smokes when the weather is hot or the car has been running for a while. Also, the transmission is beginning to slip. However, the car is beautiful (as you can see) and runs smooth. More details are available upon request.

post-63228-143138101746_thumb.jpg

post-63228-143138101749_thumb.jpg

post-63228-143138101752_thumb.jpg

post-63228-143138101756_thumb.jpg

post-63228-14313810176_thumb.jpg

post-63228-143138101762_thumb.jpg

Edited by altommycoop (see edit history)