RM auction

Bob Giles

I have a funny feeling you are talking about the auction in Hershey at the Giant Center. That is cancelled! At the moment, there is no comment about the reasons but I suspect in the future it will enter the public domain.

The RM Auction at Hershey is still on for this year and has been expanded for two days with Thursday being a major memorabilia auction. This auction has been and is still at the Hershey Lodge.

What happen to the auction? I thought this was an event that drew alot of people.

I assume you are talking about the Kruse Auction held in the Giant Center? Drawing people doesn't make any money for the auction company. Registered bidders and cars with a health sales percentage does.

Steve, That article in the 08/12/09 AutoWeek page 12 pretty much says it all re: Kruse's unfortunate issues these days. I really enjoyed the Giant Centre auction as it was within walking distance of my booth. I will admit it was a lot more fun when Don and Robb Williams with Richie Clyne ran it. It will be a missed event. Has any other auction house approached AACA about taking over the Giant Centre as a venue for another sale?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a funny feeling you are talking about the auction in Hershey at the Giant Center. That is cancelled! At the moment, there is no comment about the reasons but I suspect in the future it will enter the public domain.

The RM Auction at Hershey is still on for this year and has been expanded for two days with Thursday being a major memorabilia auction. This auction has been and is still at the Hershey Lodge.

So are you implying that we gotta push cars again??