2010 Eastern spring meet

Guest rwmerz

Guest Art Griffin

Here's the information I have. You might want to contact the Meet Chairman to verify if this is the latest information.

<TABLE border=0 rules=none cellSpacing=0 frame=void cols=1><COLGROUP><COL width=181></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 3px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 width=181 align=left>Canandaigua Inn on the Lake</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 3px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>770 South Main St</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 3px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>Canandaigua, NY 14424</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 3px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>Shannon 585-394-7800</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Meet Chairman: <TABLE border=0 rules=none cellSpacing=0 frame=void cols=1><COLGROUP><COL width=179></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 width=179 align=left>Patrick A. Thorpe</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>4 Whippet Run</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>Bloomfield, NY 14469</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>585-657-4729 </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 3px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" bgColor=#ffffff height=17 align=left>pathorpe@rochester.pr.com</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Art

Art,

Thank you for the info. Pat keeps me up to date and have not received any memos that the host hotel has changed.

rwmerz...Pat Thorpe is a busy guy so please be patient. He will get back shortly to confirm the info.

Best,

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...
Pat Thorpe is a busy guy so please be patient. He will get back shortly to confirm the info.

Yes I am Peter, and thank you and Art for speaking on my behalf. My home e-mail address is pathorpe@rochester.rr.com.

Art had a 'pr' instead of the 'rr' in my e-mail address. From now until January I can be better reached at (585) 657-6358. I work nights so if I'm up, I'm usually out in the shop. If I'm not around, my parents are, so you'd have someone who you can talk to and they will see that I get the word.

Other than one letter in my e-mail address of the information is correct, but I will caution all of you that the Meet Committee chairs have moved the hospitality area out of the Host Hotel.

After attending the Gettysburg Meet in May, my committee chairs were so impressed with how the Gettysburg Region had things set up so we made some changes.

The hospitality area, and all activities was moved to Steamboat Landing. Steamboat Landing is where the Judge's Breakfast, Ladies Luncheon and Awards Banquet will take place. During Thursday and Friday we have reserved the same banquet room to set up our hospitality, merchandise, Thursday night activity and registration area. So as in the case of Gettysburg, when you enter the banquet room, you will have one stop shopping. Aside from trailer parking, everything that you will need will be in one gorgeous room overlooking Canandaigua Lake.

Steamboat Landing is 1 mile from the show field and 1 mile from the host hotel, and it is on the same street smack dab between the two. They are in the process of building a new hotel and attaching it to the banquet facility, but I don't think it's going to make the deadline of the meet.

Steamboat Landing had better prices on the banquet as well as a larger banquet room. It also overlooks the entire length of Canandaigua Lake.

Bear in mind that the host hotel is only the host hotel in name only, so if you're looking at getting a hotel room where all of the activities will be taking place, it will not happen. I will say that the host hotel is the only hotel at this point that is actually on the lake.

Due to the nature of this meet, plus my job, working on our own vehicles and trying to get a new firehouse built, my activity on the forum has been very limited at best. If you don't hear from me, either call me or e-mail me.

One more thing before I go, tell your spouses that for the ladies luncheon, I chartered a tour boat - "The Canandaigua Lady" for lunch and a narrated tour of the lake.