Are there any Buick Clubs in Spokane, WA...?

Guest Madeleine

Guest Madeleine

Greetings ~ My name is Patrick (screen name: Madeleine). I've recently acquired a classic '64 Wildcat & wonder if anyone knows of a specific Buick club in the Eastern Washington area (specifically, Spokane)?:)

Here are the 3 Washington Chapters:

WASHINGTON

NORTH CASCADE

Chuck Russell #38002

23255 Humber Ln

Edmonds WA 98020

206-542-5742

PUGET SOUND

Lee Davis # 30384

5323 SW 315th St.

Federal Way, WA 98023-2034

253-815-1094

PORTLAND AREA

Duke Charpentier BCA#40285

510 W 34th St

Vancouver, WA 98660

360 695 7208

Good Morning Patrick , A quick count of members of the BCA that live in Spokane proper is 18 . I am sure there are others that live close to Spokane. Perhaps its time we have a Chapter there - you only need 10 to start a Chapter. Perhaps you are the person to start one ? We need someone to do this . Congrats on your Wildcat !

Patrick,

Brian DePouli here BCA VP. As my BOD (Board of Directors) counterparts Bill and Dick have mentioned there is no chapter in the Spokane, WA Area. I heard rumors a while back that there was a group starting one. I'll check on that rumor. Regardless we should have one there. Spokane is the 104th largest city by popluation in the US. As Dick mentioned we just need someone to gather our members in the area together. We just need ten BCA members to sign a petition to form a chapter and the chapter bylaws have to be approved by the BOD.

I will make you a deal. If you can gather just 5 of the 10 members needed to form the chapter I will personally get you the other 5 you need. Also I will provide you a draft by-laws which you and the chapter members can modify to your liking.

What do you think? If you need a current roster of members in the area I will get it provided to you.

Feel free to email me at brian.depouli@att.net or call at 704-905-4989. If you call keep in mind the time difference as I am on the East coast.

Look forward to your response.

Brian

• 5 years later...
Guest Madeleine

Brian, Dick & Bill:

My heartfelt apologies to each of you for having responded to my quiery of over five years (?) ago & my lack of even responding to your replies to my inquiry. I have since sold the Wildcat that I owned at that time & recently purchased a 1962 Buick Invicta Custom Sport Coupe. Sadly, I see (via Google searches) there are STILL no Buick clubs in the Spokane area. At one time (years ago), I was a BCA member but, I let that lapse. Just looking for a club in which to cruise with. My car is an original classic (or would that be antique now)? No wild paint job, nor flames shooting out of exhaust extensions. Just good ol' fashioned chrome & stock in appearance. Still on the lookout. Not looking to start a club but, rather join one already in existence. MY play time comes once in awhile. Thanx again for your advice & patience.

Patrick

Brian, Dick & Bill:

My heartfelt apologies to each of you for having responded to my quiery of over five years (?) ago & my lack of even responding to your replies to my inquiry. I have since sold the Wildcat that I owned at that time & recently purchased a 1962 Buick Invicta Custom Sport Coupe. Sadly, I see (via Google searches) there are STILL no Buick clubs in the Spokane area. At one time (years ago), I was a BCA member but, I let that lapse. Just looking for a club in which to cruise with. My car is an original classic (or would that be antique now)? No wild paint job, nor flames shooting out of exhaust extensions. Just good ol' fashioned chrome & stock in appearance. Still on the lookout. Not looking to start a club but, rather join one already in existence. MY play time comes once in awhile. Thanx again for your advice & patience.

Patrick

Hey Patrick, how are you? Do you remember I helped you find that 64 Wildcat? Current owners are in Canada, and they had it at the BCA Nationals in Portland last month!

Not sure if they are on this forum or not.....

My son Scott just moved to Spokane with his 1929 Buick Standard Sedan.

I am sure there are enough Buick folks in the greater Spokane & Coeur d Alene ID area to make another BCA chapter.

I have friends -- members of the North Cascade Chapter -- who re-located to Spokane about three or four years ago. They indicated a couple of years ago that there is an individual there who has been working on getting a chapter re-established in the Spokane area. (There has been a BCA chapter in the past.) As I recall, they indicated that the person who was working on this has a '68 Wildcat, so might be worthwhile to check through the latest Bugle roster to identify that individual.

Perhaps a simple encouragement and nudge to the right folks would get things rolling again.

Brian & Mark,

Have one of those people noted or Mark's son get a list of BCA members from zip codes in that area and contact those members to form a chapter from Mike and Nancy in the BCA office. Sounds like Patrick is only interested in limited participation but someone locally may convince him to get a bit more involved. By the way, Patrick,our local chap has 60 members but only about 15 attending meetings on a regular basis, so all are welcome. Those seeking to form a chapter should contact Hank Reus, Regional and Chapter Coordinator.

John