Reo Royal from 1931 parts

Juha Paavo Kaita

Hi!

A friend of mine is starting a very challenging restoration project. He is going to rebuild a Reo Royal bodied by Murray Co. from 1931. This Reo was used by Finnish prime ministers during 1930´s. There is need for whole chassis and many body parts. He would like to buy a part car if that were available. Also literature is in the list of needs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Let us know about things you have available.

Best wishes

Juha Kaitanen

post-31714-143138095168_thumb.jpg

post-31714-143138095171_thumb.jpg

post-31714-143138095172_thumb.jpg

Edited by Juha Paavo Kaita
correct misspelling (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

Hi!

In Finland we have saying better late than never. The owner of that Royale remains has not started to rebuild the Reo. There is too little left of the original car - actually only the body. The chassis shown on the photo is not from Reo. So basicly you need a complete Reo Royale to rebuild this unic individual.

Season greeting from Turku, Finland

Juha Kaitanen

Hello Juha,

Seasons greetings from Australia, I may have the chance to get a car similar to this however the rear diff and engine is missing along with all the 4 x guards.

I noticed this has non genuine front guard and no rear guards is this correct? Also is the front part of the chassis there mainly under front radiator?

Any chance for more pics please Juha??

Kindest Regards

Garry

The issue here is the long wheelbase chassis. There was a short wheel base sedan that sold at the Hershey auction a couple of years ago for 20k. There was (I think) a long wheelbase sedan on eBay earlier this year which needed a full restoration. If it was the same body as the one in this thread then you would be better off restoring the ebay car as it was 99 percent complete. However, since the car in question has some history, maybe it would make sense to use another complete car as a parts car for the restoration. As I said in my previous post, a big project!

I honestly don't recall if it sold but I think the final bid was under 10k. I think it was the long wheelbase because I thought to myself it was more impressive than the Hershey car. There are a few floating around so you just need to keep an eye out. Definitely join the club and a want ad placed in the newsletter could help.

A good friend just pulled one out of storage of 30 years, It's a two door sedan, I think thay call it a Victoria. The car is all there with a bunch of extras like engine, rear end, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a 31 if my memory serves me. The owner has brass and Classic cars and MAY be looking to sell it. It was going to be his last restoration to do during his retirment, but I think he now just wants to find one finished so he can enjoy it right away. If intrested PM me and I'll send you his email. The car is located in the Boston area. Ed

• 3 months later...

There may be a change that the friend of mine is getting a part car so that he can start rebuilding the Reo Royale Limousine by Murray. Can anybody tell us which kind of body changes the Murray Body Co did. Did they take a standard sedan from Reo factory and just made the car longer? I guess the chassis is the same that they used on all Royale models in 1931. Any information about the Royale body modifications are greatly appreciated.

Juha Kaitanen

Turku, Finland

Edited by Juha Paavo Kaita (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest Ralph Hadley

I am not sure where to go or start. My father had a 1931 Reo Royal Victoria........He has passed away.....sold his car collection. I have 2 chrome headlights that are in great condition as part of his parts collection. I am interested in selling them but have no idea as to a reasonable price. If someone on this forum could advise or make a offer.

Ralph

rlsammax@verizon.net

Much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I have a frame from an 8-35 Royale and most of an engine, missing head, intake exhaust carb etc.  the frame has the complete front axle assembly and rear springs but I missed the rear axle assembly.  it also has the steering column intact.  it is pretty rough and rusted from the firewall area forward, the rear sections is better.   It would need to be lengthened for your application but might get you started in the restoration direction.  email me at reoinwi@yahoo.com if interested.  Thanks, Dave