1929 REO speedwagon

gboy

Just aquired a 1929 Reo speedwagon one ton, I need a few parts to start restoring. I am looking for a good windshield frame, hub caps and the speedwagon tag that is riveted to the spare tire carrier on the back of frame. Also, has anyone reproduced the Reo speedwagon door decals?

• 2 months later...

Hi there gboy, I am also currently restoring a 1929 REO Speedwagon Tonner. Just wondering if you could email me some pics of your restoration. I know for a couple of REOs in my area, and can keep an out for the items you need.

ThanKs

Anyone know where serial number on frame is? I have 2 frame numbers, one is on top of left front frame rail by engine hood, (DA 6093), second is on the side of right frame rail ant the rear of truck, (DA 5746) Are one of these ID numbers? Also need a pair of original head lights or pictures of originals so I know what I'm looking for.

My reo has 217 original miles(wow) I will post picks of original headlamps

tonight. there are usually a set or two on ebay from time to time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Anyone know where serial number on frame is? I have 2 frame numbers, one is on top of left front frame rail by engine hood, (DA 6093), second is on the side of right frame rail ant the rear of truck, (DA 5746) Are one of these ID numbers? Also need a pair of original head lights or pictures of originals so I know what I'm looking for.

The serial number on the front left side of frame rail should be the serial number of the truck. If you have a title to your truck the number should be the same.

• 5 weeks later...

The first number you gave (DA5746) is the serial number of the truck should be the same number on the title. the second number is the frame number(6093) such as a part number

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, I don't have a title, but I intend to get one. I have repaired the windshield and it looks good, also restored the steering wheel, looks great. I have so many projects, that I'm not getting as much done as I would like. I have had several good offers for the truck, but far I am keeping it.

Just aquired a 1929 Reo speedwagon one ton, I need a few parts to start restoring. I am looking for a good windshield frame, hub caps and the speedwagon tag that is riveted to the spare tire carrier on the back of frame. Also, has anyone reproduced the Reo speedwagon door decals?

You may find a picture of what your Speedwagon is supposed to look like at www.reoclub.org look through the annual meets. I'm looking through my back issues of the REO Echo to see if there are parts for sale. Now is the time to join the REO Club of America, it's $18.00 a year and I feel it's worth it. Lots of help and information to help in your restoration project. There is a guy that has decals for $5.00 a piece but I'm not sure they are for your truck though.

The hubcaps are they the type that screw on or do you have wire wheels?

• 2 months later...
Guest James_Andrews

I would like to pass along some information about some Speedwagon parts I saw yesterday.

They are in the shop yard of a ratrod builder who does not have Internet.

I wanted to do a favor for him:

1930 Speedwagon parts available -

Cast spoke wheels, rims & new (but air cracked) tires

Front & rear axles, complete with brakes & springs

Chassis

Hood, radiator shell, splash aprons, front fenders

Hub caps - Set of four screw-on REO script (fair cond.)

Cowl & windshield frame

910-464-2511

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I have for sale laser copies of an original 1930 REO Speedwagon script radiator emblem.

Made of 18 gauge (0.048") brushed stainless steel - the same gauge as the original brass, but much more durable. 2 7/8" x 12 3/4". Photos available.

$50 + $5 flat rate USPS in the US.

My ad in the general AACA classifieds has a picture.

A concours-winning builder bought 3 for his REO firetruck.

I feel sure that you would like them too.

James Andrews

jea777@centurylink.net

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Texas Power Washing

I realize that some of you will find it to be an abomination. but eh, I live in America, you can your opinion.

Texas Power Washing - For Your Fleet Cleaning Needs go to the bottom of the page, click on the truck, then go to the bottom of the pictures page to see more of my 1929 REO Speedwagon/1983 Chevrolet 1 ton dually.

It's my daily work truck. It's a lot of fun to drive and of course gets a lot of attention here in Austin Texas.

I specialize in cleaning fleet trucks.

• 9 years later...