(Need help) 1955 Packard Patrician

Guest benfb2

Guest benfb2

Hi,

I'm looking to sell my late father's 1955 Packard Patrician. He bought this car new on Oct. 1, 1955 and drove it until he bought a Lincoln Continental in 1966. It sat out on the lawn for 7 or 8 years until my brother took a hand at fixing it up. I know my brother had it in running condition and drove it occassionally until the early 1980s. However, he is notorious for never finishing a job and the car still needs extensive work (for example, the inside door panels were removed again). The car has been in inside storage since the early 1980s and, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been driven again.

My mother has asked that I find a buyer for this car with a real love of Packards ("a good home" is how she put it). The car is located in Salem, OR and I can be reached at ben@bcwebhost.net.

I've uploaded some pictures I took. If you're a collector or know someone who might be interested, please have them send me a message. I'm also looking for suggestions on pricing. Thanks,

Ben

post-62821-143138094494_thumb.jpg

post-62821-143138094496_thumb.jpg

post-62821-143138094499_thumb.jpg

post-62821-143138094502_thumb.jpg

post-62821-143138094505_thumb.jpg

post-62821-143138094507_thumb.jpg

Edited by benfb2
mistyped year (see edit history)

Guest benfb2

Just to add: The odometer reads 68,987 miles. I assume that that is the correct amount -- my father used it for his main car for 11 years and he mostly drove around town.

My brother was driving the car briefly around 1980 or so. I think that there was a lot of wear in the upholstery and stuff like that, so he stopped driving it to start improving the appearance, only he never finished the project. In the rear seat is an entire new roll of the fabric used for the car. There were also miscellaneous parts hanging around which I believe were things taken down until the interior could be refinished.

Edited by benfb2
mistyped year (see edit history)

Guest benfb2

We don't have a price on it yet. We're entertaining offers and suggestions (from any interested third parties). We know this isn't worth a great deal of money, but right now I don't know if I should be looking for $500 or $5,000. So I'm looking for advice or, if you're interested, offers. I can also arrange to see the car.