Edmunds intake manifold 2x2bbl

Guest cobratr

Guest cobratr

What engine does it fit? Trapezoid hole in lower left of pic-- I assume is for a fuel pump? The two splayed holes on the right side of the pic-- one appears to go into the cooling jacket and the other straight into the crankcase?

Thanks and great site!!

Tony

post-62646-143138091973_thumb.jpg

Guest cobratr

I thought flathead ford intakes looked like this thumbnail? DId they come in different bolt patterns? Is there an "early" and a "late" style?

post-62646-143138091977_thumb.jpg

Guest Bob Call

Pretty sure this not for a Ford/Mercury flathead. The odd trapazoid opening is like nothing I have ever seen for a Ford flathead. The two openings at the other end are not Ford. On 1948 and earlier Fords the generator mount was at this location, no openings. In the second picture note that the front carb mount is near the center of the manifold. That is because the generator mounted in front of the carb. In the second picture the round opening at the rear of the manifold is for the fuel pump mount and oil fill tube. There was no connection between the Ford flathead intake and the block coolant passages.

What about Cadillac/LaSalle flathead V8 intake?

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

Guest cobratr

Thanks!

I am not a member of HAMB, nor do I know what that is.

Cadillac? The intakes I saw for those were monsterously large. Any idea where I find some reference pictures?

Guest seetz

yup. draft tube goes between the water pumps and then swings to the drivers side along the oil pan and about in the middle of the block it goes down to the road.

the trapezoid opening is for the fuel pump mount. there's a pushrod sticking out quite a bit, that drives the fuel pump from the camshaft. so that big opening is for a little 3/8" pipe

(I was the one identifying it on the HAMB, F&J pointed it out to me)

Guest cobratr

Wow! you all are great, going above and beyond to help me...

I think I will stick around the site and check out the other areas - I miss my 39 plymouth pickup....

For the uninitiated, the HAMB is a hot rod forum aka Hokey Ass Message Board.

They love old cars, and MANY old car restorers log on and talk old cars with the rodders.

Don't turn up your nose at them - these guys are the future.

Here's a link if you're interested in introducing yourselves...

THE H.A.M.B. - Powered by vBulletin

• 5 months later...