Photographed in Australia

Vintman

Hi Folks

Had this interesting photo from Australia suggesting the car could be a Panhard & Levassor of about 1928. Not like any P&L I know. Lights and wheels very American. Would much appreciate any input.

<O:p</O:p

Kind Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

PS Since new format forum, all my posts get returned without being sent with lots of additional chevrons and emoticons, (which I have not put there) and a message saying I have exceeded my quota of photo attachments. When chevrons etc get removed, all goes through fine. What am I doing wrong??

post-58492-143138091839_thumb.jpg

Guest 1926pack

I can't quite blow up the front hubcap to make it out but it might be a hexagon. If so, the car might be a Packard. But again, I can't make out the front hubcap. If it is a Packard then based on the drum headlights and short hood (er, bonnet), I'd say mid 20s 6 cylinder.

Edited by 1926pack
typo (see edit history)

Guest chronosafe

Awesome pics. This weekend we found some interesting pics in the attic, I really need to get them scanned because there are some really nice mid-20s Fords depicted. Now I just have to get my hands on a scanner...

It looks like a 1926 Hupmobile model A 6-cyl. Hupp exported a lot of cars to Australia from the teens to the thirties. Look at Hupps for sale on Ebay motors and there is a 1927 Hupp and check out the body lines. The reason I say its a 26 is the square back as Hupp continued that from the 25 Model R 3 dr sedan.

Edited by Hupp36
Have to add Ebay motors to reply (see edit history)

I'm with Pepcak, I think it is a 24, 25 or 26 buick as they had the two lines going down the side of the body in those years. The hood lines look correct and the step plates are in the right places. The only thing that I see different than the American Buick is the rear window is square rather than ovel. But, this also could be an Austrailian, or Canadian built body. Where is Leif, 1920's Buick expert, with his oppinion???

Look around here...http://http://www.prewarbuick.com/index.php

Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)