1923 DB Carb rebuild / engine & carb paint color

Guest dansin1923

Guest dansin1923

Greetings....

We're rebuilding the carburetor on our 1923 DB Business Sedan. The current color of the engine and carburetor is a light greenish color. is this the original color, and if not, what is? The paint is stripping badly, and when we clean the carburetor itself, we suspect that most of the paint will come off.

Additionally, our intention is to repaint the carburetor. Does anyone have a suggestion for what type of paint to use. We plan on using some sort of high heat paint from an auto parts store, unless someone can offer a better idea or a reason why we should not...

Thank you for the time...

I've got a 29 DA and went to the Romar site for my engine paint...they've got it listed under engine paint without a specific model mentioned....it's sort of a light gray-green....kind of the color of a spruce tree....don't know if it's original to your car, but sounds like the same color.

On the carb, I've seen some painted and some just brought down to the pot metal color.....I painted mine with black engine paint ( since I had some new castings on it) but kept all the brass as polished...don't know if that is correct though for your car.

Guest dansin1923

Thank you for the replies....

Our brass carburator had been painted the greenish color to match the engine block. That paint is now removed, and we will leave it in its natural state. We will have to repaint the elbow shaped manifold part that connects the carburetor to the engine...