1962 chrysler 300 Drag car-untouched since 1971!

Guest missedshift610

Guest missedshift610

Here we go, I have a 1962 Chrysler 300, four door, YES, FOUR DOOR, Original untouched drag car. Needs restoration but is complete. Car was raced in my hometown of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania in the 60's and early 70's, until it was parked and sat for the nearly 40 years untouched. It has what i believe to be a 426 Max wedge motor in it. Chrysler 727 trans, which was built up in the late 60's by a local speed shop, original Hurst 3 speed automatic shifter, Mallory ignition with Moroso cable driven tach, Edelbrock intake manifold, Holley 750 double pumper, Cable line lock coming from the master cylinder to the inside of the car, Traction bars, original Thrush glasspacks. Also 4 tired cragar SS's, including an original set of M/T street slicks mostly smoked off that where on the back. I didn't attempt to start the engine, i did however put a wrench on it and turn it over multiple times. I took a valve cover off to revile that the heads look new, and that they've had some serious performance work done to them. I don't have a title for the car, but ill include a bill of sale. Im looking for 2000.00 OBO. thanks -will

post-62590-143138090854_thumb.jpg

post-62590-143138090858_thumb.jpg

post-62590-143138090865_thumb.jpg

post-62590-14313809087_thumb.jpg

post-62590-143138090876_thumb.jpg

Edited by missedshift610 (see edit history)

Does it say 426, 413, 383 or 361 on the flat pad near the distributor? Looks like a 4 speed hump near the seat. I have seen 4 doors and even station wagons with 4 speeds from the factory.

Guest missedshift610

Im not sure if it was originaly a three or four speed car, it was stick, as the pedal is still there, i do have the original transmission, ill have to look at that, and the numbers on the block.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest autocrosser

What did you find out about the trans? And do you have the manual trans linkage for the shifter? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest autocrosser

Bought this car in 2010. The guy changed wheels and took the carb. covered the windshield with 5" of crushed blacktop and pitted the windshield. What a jerk. BUT did get a lot of good parts out of it.