1954 Buick Landau Footage

The club will remember that the 1954 Buick Landau came to Texarkana last October. At that time a special photo session was set up in the parking lot of Beech Street First Baptist Church in order for David Temple, author of GM's Motorama, to take professional pictures. Kevin Lambert, husband of my secretary Nancy Lambert, shot raw footage of the photo session with David Temple, myself, the employee of Mr. O'Quinn (owner of the car), and Robert Blair (son of the Buick executive who saved the Landau) all present along with the incredible 1954 Buick Landau Motorama Show Car. Mr. Lambert has just now put the footage on You Tube. Here is that link.

Guest imported_MrEarl

I am at work and get a Barracuda Access warning when I pull up any you tube link so me thinks I will just have to run home at lunch and view this. Thanks for posting Charles D

Guest imported_MrEarl

If there is one car in the world that I want to have the chance to drive or heck, even sit in the back seat of before I die it is this one. I probably missed my one and only chance to even get close to it when it was at Amelia Island when Bill Warner first acquired it. Perhaps Mr O'Quin will attend a Buick Nationals someday and bring it.

Ahhh, the so sweet and familiar sound of the cranking of a Roadmasters 322 and the solid closing of the doors. Although the door sound was a little more hollow sounding than mine.

What is the building that was used as the background for the shoot? Are those pictures available.

Thanks for sharing Charles. I'll be adding it to the 1954Buick.com site for sure.

Sure wish I could make it to C Springs, hate to miss the chance to meet you. I'm sure we'll meet someday though.

hi ho hi ho it's back to work i go. smile.gif

Mr. Earl, the beautiful building in the background is Beech Street First Baptist Church of Texarkana, Arkansas, where I have been the church pianist for over 35 years-my parents were married there. The sanctuary part with the dome was built in 1906. I feel sure that you and I are destined to meet someday on this earth. I will keep you posted on Colorado Springs and the B59 Party. Charles

Guest imported_Thriller

Now Lamar, did you find a good mop for your keyboard yet?

Cool video of a cool piece of history.

• 4 weeks later...

Roy's now officially a YouTube movie start! :cool: I suppose you'll get all snobby and stop talking with us common folk now, what with all the awards and accolades...:rolleyes:

I like how about a minute and a half into the movie, a guy touches the car...sigh. Once again, curiosity wins over being circumspect.

Lamar, I like the way you are thinking. Of course, then you would need to promise to show up...the plan is to have my wagon there too, so you'll have plenty to look at, even if you are driving a Riv ;)