1947 Buick is back home

Bill Stoneberg

Finally, the Buick is back home and fixed. We went and picked it up this morning and drove it home. I hadn't forgotten how much I like to drive it, but was reminded again.

The body shop did some nice work and made the car look good again. For those who dont remember or dont care, I was hit by a little old man last fall on the drivers side of the car.

Anyway, here are a before and afer picture and I am glad to have it in my garage again. Now if it wasn't 100 degrees out, I would take it for a drive.

post-30710-14313808311_thumb.jpg

post-30710-143138083113_thumb.jpg

I meant to thank Pete Phillips and John Ewing for helping me with parts.

Pete had the Front Fender bump out and John had all the trim. It shined up real nice and looks great on the car.

Other then that either Buick Farm had NOS parts or Wheatbelt had OUS (Old Used Stock) parts for the rest of it.

So, no real problem finding the parts.

BTW, Hagerty was great through the whole thing. I was not out a dime in the whole transaction.

Guest imported_Thriller

Nice...I guess you'll have to get up about 4:30 or so tomorrow morning so you can take it for a spin before things warm up too much grin.gif

That would be a heck of a trick Dave considering the side towards New York is the passenger side ....

Seriously though, its not nearly as shiney as it could be, matching paint and shine is an art. 15 year old paint did not shine nearly as well as brand new clear coat, so he didn't polish it to a high buff. Matches pretty good but side by side between say the hood (old paint) and fender (new clear coat)you can tell the difference.

Buts is a driver not a show car and it looks real good. I am happy and so is my wife so thats what counts.