Is the Public Welcome?

Guest ken bogren

Guest ken bogren

Is the Public Welcome AACA Meets?

In general, is the public welcome at the swap meet/flea market/car show parts of AACA meets/events?

If so, is there usually an admission fee to enter those parts of the event?

Guest ken bogren

Is that the same for the regional meets, like the up coming Gettysburg meet too?

These might seem like silly questions, but I've avoided going to the AACA shows because I wasn't sure, and I haven't wanted to drive a couple hundred miles or more without being certain.

Ken,

This might seem like a silly question if that is the case then why don't you just become a member? You really do not know what you are missing by not being a member. It is the best bang for your buck in the hobby. Just to clarify, you must be a member to show your car and you must pre-register, but anyone can be a spectator.

regards

Ken, there is NEVER admission to a National AACA Meet. There will probably be parking fees, as always.

Regional AACA Meets in different states of this country also are persuaded to have free admission. I know every Region in Virginia is that way.

Check us out. You will be genuinely surprised if you come to the Gettysburg Meet. Over 850 cars have been registered. It's going to be a really big car show day.

If you go to the Gettysburg Meet, stop by the membership tent, I'd like to get a chance to meet you.

Wayne

Guest ken bogren

Thanks folks.

Wayne;

I won't be at Gettysburg, I was just using it as an example. I do hope to be at Lake Forest, IL(?) in July though, as a spectator.

Ken, the Lake Forest Meet is not a national meet. I have attended that meet many times in the old days with my cars. I cannot recall if they charge an admission or not but you might want to check them out on our website (from home page). It is the Illinois Region who runs the event. Just brought back some fond memories.

Guest ken bogren

Steve;

Admission isn't a problem one way or the other.

I just wondered if non-AACA-member spectators were welcome at AACA car shows/swap meets/flea markets.

I didn't mean to limit the question to national events though, I'd just seen the Gettysburg threads running here so it was on top of what passes for my mind smile.gif

Thanks,

Guest Bluesky636

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ken bogren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wondered if non-AACA-member spectators were welcome at AACA car shows/swap meets/flea markets.</div></div>

Who else would the spectators be but non-AACA members? All the members are busy showing their cars! grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill_Haegele</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who else would the spectators be but non-AACA members? All the members are busy showing their cars! grin.gif </div></div>

Or judging, working admin., the membership booth, the library tent, selling raffle tickets......... laugh.gifgrin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ken bogren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Public Welcome AACA Meets?

In general, is the public welcome at the swap meet/flea market/car show parts of AACA meets/events?

If so, is there usually an admission fee to enter those parts of the event?

</div></div>

Steve,

Don't you think that these questions should be added to the FAQs on the AACA Web site???

If not there, then under the information on the web site regarding "Meets".

By the very posting of these question here, it becomes very apparent that this information needs to be put on the AACA web site.

Who knows how many spectators (and potential new AACA members) have not come to AACA Meets because of the lack of this information???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree...with three meets in a row and a board meeting we will not get to some of the changes we need to make on the site until next week but it will get done. </div></div>

Steve, Sounds like busy times (as usual) there at AACA National.

Web site changes are a never ending task.

As long as the changes are on someone's "To Do" list, that is the important thing.

See you tomorrow at Gettysburg.

Guest Bob Call

I would like to suggest that the organizers of some of these meets/shows, particularlly near D.C., invite their congressional delegation to attend and/or participate in some way. That might educate some of those "enlightened" representatives and help stop some of the silly anti-automobile legislation.

Bob,

I think the Florida Bob is talking about showing the legislators how well restored and safe our antique cars actually are.

In my opinion, there's no way the modern car garage would ever be able to learn all there is about old cars to police an idea like that.

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob, the answer in most cases is yes. We continually ask our regions to push for publicity and many of our events get covered by TV now. Some of the regions have been able to get great coverage before, during and after their shows. </div></div>

Speaking of which, did/will WGAL Channel 8 from Lancaster, PA. be doing their "Backyard Weather" on Friday night or a news item on the Gettysburg Meet on Friday or Saturday?

Have not seen one yet although I have been busy getting ready for the meet and have missed a few of their broadcasts.

With their LARGE audience in Central Pennsylvania any meets in their coverage area (ie Gettysburg, Hershey, etc) should contact them as standard operating procedure.

Given how many times each year I see them cover the various Carisle car events, they can spare a few minutes of airtime to cover AACA events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ken bogren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the same for the regional meets, like the up coming Gettysburg meet too?

These might seem like silly questions, but I've avoided going to the AACA shows because I wasn't sure, and I haven't wanted to drive a couple hundred miles or more without being certain. </div></div>

This might seem like a silly question but why would you drive a couple hundred miles to a swap meet unless you were prepared to spend at least a small amount of money?