1933 d1 international clutch

1933d1

My clutch is sticking to the floor. It doesn't stick until it is depressed all the way to the floor to shift. Could it be the throwout bearing? Does it even have a throwout bearing? I don't have any experience with this vehicle and I am trying to restore it. Anybody know where I can get parts for this vehicle? Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Yes it must have a TOB. It should be the type that slides on a pipe-like extension from the transmisson. That may be rusted up or gummed up with old grease.

There should be an inspection cover that you can remove to see what is sticking.

What parts do you need? A friend in north central CT is junking about six 1-to-1.5 ton Internationals of 33-36 vintage. I thought he said they were C models, not sure though.

Right now, I know I need a fuel pump, rear tail lights, ignition switch (which is located in the horn/light/ignition button in the center of the steering wheel), radiator cap, brake and clutch pedal pads, and possibly a gas tank. I would be willing to send you my email address so your friend could send pictures of any parts he may have for my truck to see if they are compatible with my vehicle. I don't know if parts from a C model are compatible with a D-1 model.

• 3 weeks later...