1964 Thunderbird project for sale, nice start, $2000

A friend of mine needs to sell his 1964 Thunderbird 2-dr. hardtop to pay medical expenses. Car was owned by an elderly couple in the Dallas, Texas area until my friend began the restoration. Car has the 390 V-8 which was rebuilt at 100,000 miles; has 108,000 now. He has put $8000 into this car with new paint, 4 new tires and wheels (not on car now, but they go with it), rechromed bumpers & grille, all new weatherstrip seals installed, new dashpad but dashboard is completely out of the car and needs to be reinstalled, as do the seats. He has new upholstery for the seats, but I think I would leave the original intact if it were mine, new dual exhaust system installed.

Car is 99% rust-free and very solid. Windshield has a hairline crack and a fallen tree limb has put a thumbprint-sized dent in the hood. Car has factory A/C, manual windows (a plus and rare in these cars), console, swing-away steering wheel, spinner type wheelcovers, new headliner is in the box and goes with the car. Interior needs complete reassembly. Front bumper & grille are beautiful and need to be installed. Passenger side window is down due to vent wing being out for new rubber, hence the black plastic in photo. Price for everything is $1995. Car is located in Pottsboro, Texas which is 75 miles north of Dallas. It will have to be trailered home.

I have many photos of the car if anyone is seriously interested. Good investment for someone who will spend some time reassembling things. Everything is present.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, Texas

pphillips922@earthlink.net

post-33059-143138071002_thumb.jpg

post-33059-143138071009_thumb.jpg

post-33059-143138071262_thumb.jpg

post-33059-143138071273_thumb.jpg