1970 Buick GS 455 4 Speed Convertible

59Buick

Thats a heck of a Toy! shocked.gif. Congratualtions!

Looks really nice. I love the color combo. Where did you find it?

I'm no expert on Skylarks but everything under the hood looks correct right down to the battery and spring ring cables. Someone spent a lot of time on that car.

I bought the car on EBAY. It was sold by a Hemi guy who had purchased a two Buick lot, the car I have and a GSX. The Hemi Guy wanted the GSX for his collection and sold the GS. The car was done frame off by the Then and Now restoration shop http://www.thenandnowauto.com/ . They did a terific job on the restoration, it is not over restored, sort looks like it would have back in the day at the dealership. I have never owned such a nice car, which is causing me a problem, I like to drive my cars but I am afraid to drive it an get it dirty.

Guest BJM

Everybody deserves at least one car like this in a lifetime. Today, it's sunny, no rain expected at all. 73 degrees here in Iowa. This would be a perfect day to put that top down and cruise. You might put 100 miles on it but those would be some quality exercise miles, as the stress of daily life wafts out behind you.

Then it's parked on rainy or questionable days and I'll bet at the end of the year, you might have put 2000 miles on it - no big deal in the long run.

Bottom line is we take better care of our restored cars vs. daily drivers so it's not apples to apples.

Plus if you have more then one old car - and it sounds like you do = then going back and forth is fun too.

Guest stage-x

I am glad someone bought the car that will appreciate what it is. The car also won the A Body of the year award a few years back. It has a great built motor and is built to drive...Enjoy.

Mark Reeves

Then & Now Auto

• 3 years later...
Guest trucks455
Here are a few shots of my new toy. I always wanted a 1970 Buick GS 455 4 Speed Convertible.

please call me i would like to know if you would sell the car, thanks trucks455, 224 595 1996

I bought the car on EBAY. It was sold by a Hemi guy who had purchased a two Buick lot, the car I have and a GSX. The Hemi Guy wanted the GSX for his collection and sold the GS. The car was done frame off by the Then and Now restoration shop Welcome to Then and Now Auto . They did a terific job on the restoration, it is not over restored, sort looks like it would have back in the day at the dealership. I have never owned such a nice car, which is causing me a problem, I like to drive my cars but I am afraid to drive it an get it dirty.

If I owned one my left foot would have problems slipping off of the clutch. LOL. A buddy of mine in high school drove his mothers '70 455 GS, automatic on the column.

At 20-30 mph hit the gas and hold on as the smoke boiled out from under the rear end. Oh the MEMORIES!!!