For Sale: 1940 Graham model 108 "Sharknose"

Guest Sharknose40

Guest Sharknose40

This 1940 Graham Senior model 108 Deluxe is garaged in Grand Juction, Colorado. These cars are also known as "Sharknose" and "Spirit of Motion". It's a rare car as only about 1000 1940 Sharknose (all models) were made. This car was repainted and the interior was retrimmed 10 years ago. It has travelled less than 1000 miles since then. The engine is the unmodified unrestored original with 84000 miles. The engine runs extremely well, it has very good compression (tested last year) and it doesn't blow smoke. The car is known to the Graham Car Club. It get's lots of attention and compliments wherever it goes! To avoid problems, the buyer MUST come Grand Junction in person to inspect the car and pay for it. It's priced at $14750 for a quick sale. There is another 1940 Sharknose 108 currently for sale on Hemmings for $32000, see:

www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/graham/spirit_of_motion_(sharknose)/807744.html

post-61229-143138067483_thumb.jpg

post-61229-143138067516_thumb.jpg

post-61229-143138067548_thumb.jpg

post-61229-143138067581_thumb.jpg

post-61229-143138067613_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sharknose40

PRICE REDUCTION: now $14250

Can anyone suggest where else (apart from ebay) l can advertise this car? So far, l've not had any enquiries frown.gif

"To avoid problems, the buyer MUST come Grand Junction in person to inspect the car and pay for it."

That more or less eliminates 98% of your potential buyers. My advice would be to take more pictures, point out as many flaws as you can find and answer questions as best you can. You'll be able to sell it if you do that. I've bought and sold cars sight unseen and have not had any trouble yet. You need to point out whatever flaws you can find though in advance. Act like you are the buyer inspecting the car.

Guest Sharknose40

I'm not sure l agree with you that 98% of people would buy a antique car unseen; l'd guess less than 30% would. Although it may not have happened to you, l've heard of many people being badly burnt buying cars unseen off ebay. Anyway; Grand Junction is not in Arctic Alaska! You can take a train, bus or plane if you cannot make the drive.

The 98% number was my estimate based on a guess to the potential buyers within traveling distance of your location. My guess is that most potential buyers are not within reasonable travel distance. Who wants to fly in to see a car you might not buy? Don't underestimate how limited your audience is.

You are not buying, you are selling so you can guarantee the buyer has a good experience. You can do that by carefully and accurately describing (with lots of pictures) the car.

Go to my website and look at the two Cougars I sold. Both were more expensive (than the Graham) project cars sold sight unseen. Both buyers were happy. If I had to sell them locally I would still own both of them.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sharknose40

Note that although they are not on the car in the photos, l do have the correct hubcaps.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest uherex

hi, is your sharknose still available? i am interested. regards from Germany - uli

This 1940 Graham Senior model 108 Deluxe is garaged in Grand Juction, Colorado. These cars are also known as "Sharknose" and "Spirit of Motion". It's a rare car as only about 1000 1940 Sharknose (all models) were made. This car was repainted and the interior was retrimmed 10 years ago. It has travelled less than 1000 miles since then. The engine is the unmodified unrestored original with 84000 miles. The engine runs extremely well, it has very good compression (tested last year) and it doesn't blow smoke. The car is known to the Graham Car Club. It get's lots of attention and compliments wherever it goes! To avoid problems, the buyer MUST come Grand Junction in person to inspect the car and pay for it. It's priced at $14750 for a quick sale. There is another 1940 Sharknose 108 currently for sale on Hemmings for $32000, see:

www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/graham/spirit_of_motion_(sharknose)/807744.html