Hood Mounted Bird ??

ARUCKEY

Guest elmo39

I don't know how old they really are but i have some pics of a swan radiator ornament very simalar to what has been posted, on a 29 Chev that my father owned in the mid 5o's and which he gave to me when he upgraded to a 38 in 1961 , i had this car for about 5 years and courted my wife in it and also used it for our honeymoon in 1964 towing a camper and covering close to 500 miles witout any problems ,i would post a picture but i'm sorry i dont know how ,or,more truthfully am not sufficiantily capable of doing so . i will try to get my grandson to do it for me , as long as his grandmother does,nt see how short the shorts she was wearing back in 53 were.

I use to see these in the J.C.Whittney catalog.

It seems to me that some of the packards of the 50's had a similar swan ornament. The body of the bird was gold, and the head and wings were silver if I remember right.

Look at 48 to 51 Packards..... wink.gif Dandy Dave!

Yes Sir Dave Moon, It has been a long time, but I do see the difference. Packard quality always was 100 notches above J.C.Whitney. wink.gif

But look who sill exsists... J.C.Whitney . I haven't seen their catalog in a number of years. cool.gif Dandy Dave!