1961 Ambassador

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a 61 that I bought from a friend with 30,000 miles on it to use as a second car. Ended up putting a lot of work into it, all new front suspension(Hand made), brakes, Paint, rear wheel bearings, tires, etc. I had too many cars a few years later and my mother convinced me to "sell" it to my brother the college student. He drove it 500 miles to college and for awhile it was fine. Then the transmission went out. The next day I had made arrangements to have it fixed in a local shop. When I called him to let him know, He said" I already traded it off" He got a hundred dollars off on a car that in retrospect wasn't worth a hundred dollars anyway. My dumbest car deal ever. And my wife was pissed as she loved that car. And I never got a dime in payment either.

Never did find one. In fact I have never seen one in person since 1965 when we traded ours in on a Ford Fairlane 500. It has to be one of the hardest cars to find. Been looking for a plain Jane 1962 Plymouth Belvedere for a friend for several years also. Neither car is ever listed. You do see 62 Plymouth muscle cars but not the run of the mill cars. Closest I got to one was a Hershey last year. Someone was selling used sheet metal parts for one. Two tough years and makes to find.

• 2 years later...

I sent an e-mail to the person asking about this originally but thought since I didn't hear back I would post this here so that if anyone wanted to persue it they could. I would love it but don't have any place for it or any extra money to restore it. '

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Rambler-Two-tone-light-grn-body-drk-grn-top-/192195235733?hash=item2cbfba8f95:g:qgwAAOSwIWVY8nZD&vxp=mtr