I know these are Corvette, but what year ?? Thanks

Guest Old Parts Kid

I have 4 in excellant condition that came off a plain Jane 59 Biscayne. Wish I still had that car! I would say 58, 59, 60.

Don't want to say this but the 2 hub caps aren't very presentable. Would'nt use them an my car. Sorry. just being honest. They've seen too many rubber hammers.

The dog dish caps were usually on low option cars or cars that were ordered with no options at all for race use.

Acually the caps are kind of rare because the first thing people did was throw the cheaper caps away and put baby moons, mags or full wheel covers (spinners)on to dress the ole lady up.

I ordered a 79 Chev. Silverado step side with every available option and requested the cheapest wheel and hubcap Chevrolet made. I got white rims and dog dish caps.

Went to Western Auto and ordered mags.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dog dish hub caps on the 1959 and 60 Chevrolets (shown below) were different than on the 1958 models. Note the '59 and '60 caps used six "spokes", while the '58s used three. The dog-dish caps were used both on Corvette and the regular passenger-car line-up.</div></div>

Correct.

Guest Old Parts Kid

Wow! Thanks everyone for the info. So it looks like they are for a late 50's Gm car and if they arent in presentable condition, thats OK my garage wall doesnt mind.

Guest Old Parts Kid

WOW this is the most attention one of my posts has ever gotten. Thanks everone for the help and attention. Are these of value to anyone??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old Parts Kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW this is the most attention one of my posts has ever gotten. Thanks everone for the help and attention. Are these of value to anyone??</div></div>

Not very valuable if the inner edges are crimped or split. I have sold a few exactly like this, but they were damaged as I mentioned so they didn't bring much. probably about $9.00 to $12.00. They are brass and hard to repair nicely.

Any old time. I bought a bunch (7-Dodge A100 pickup truck fulls piled high) of stainless steel and brass caps a while back and have been selling them slowly. I have learned a LOT about wheelcover and hubcap years and prices.