Vintage Microcars at the 2009 Atlanta Auto Show

Guest Jim Janecek

Guest Jim Janecek

http://www.microcar.org/blog/2009/03/microcars-at-the-2009-atlanta-auto-show

27 of them in 9000 square feet of space!

I was there this weekend with the cars and I am not exaggerating when I say that they were the hit of the Auto Show.

People came up to me and said the only reason they came to the show was to see these microcars!

<span style="font-style: italic">(the Auto Show has been advertising this quite a bit)</span>

some other local club members may be there throughout the week to man the table and answer questions.

after this, it is the NY Auto Show with 1 million visitors!

<span style="font-style: italic">(we will only have 3-4 cars there though....no room, it is New York City after all...)</span>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jim Janecek

I guess this was a big success as I am now getting calls and emails from other Auto Shows that want some sort of Vintage Microcar exhibit for *their* Auto Show. They seem to think that some sort of traveling exhibit exists.

I am also getting requests from the numerous smaller concours events around the country for "microcars" for their event.

Fortunately there are a number of cars being restored to fairly high standards these days, the problem is getting people to take them to the events.

Perhaps being *accepted* at a Concours event will be enough to bring some of these cars out of the woodwork.

For anyone interested, there is an article about Microcars at Concours events in the current issue of Microcar News Magazine and that link also gives you a directory of many of the Concours Events as well if you don't get the magazine.